My Art..!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Art..!

Post by celtic_wonder on Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:40 pm

I wanted to share this with you guys and see what you think. Comments are accepted.

Well, that's all I'll be posting for now. Hope you like them ^_^
celtic_wonder

Money/Ryo : 2084883

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Art..!

Post by Yubie Zeta on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:37 pm

I love the attention to detail on the hair for each of the characters, it all flows naturally, and doesn't seem out of place; something I rarely manage with my own work. Keep up the good work, and post more for us soon, maybe you can show us full body poses if that's alright? I love studying characters from other people's art.
Yubie Zeta
Leader of Shinrei
Leader of Shinrei

Money/Ryo : 2286543

Character Profile
Ranks: Country Leader
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:39 pm

I haven't gotten to the bodies yet but I'll start it soon... and Thanks... ^_^ I usually suck at the hair lol.

I especially love the eyes and hair on the first two pictures. they are kinda based for people i know in eral life and started this because i thought dbasing my characters off them would help me write and seeing their appearances drawn might help me picture better the characters. So it started off like that and now I want to become an amazing manga drawer.
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yubie Zeta on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:43 pm

lol Hard to tell, I'd have to say that the hair is my favorite part of your designs, especially the for the drawing of the water fairy. And take your time, good art needs practice and patience, and sadly I don't have much patience. XD How long have you been drawing?
Yubie Zeta
Leader of Shinrei
Leader of Shinrei

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:49 pm

since december...but I've drawn before but the pics always sucked lol. I was impatient with the skeletons back then but now I'm taking my time with it and practicing it, since I noticed how much I love art and anime, and manga... and i used to just draw abstract sketches, mostly of vines and people like it so i decided to try drawing people, anime not portrait. I plan on taking drawing and painting next year. i also realized how much i enjoy creating characters and how easily fascinated i am by watching others perfectly draw characters from a clean sheet of paper lol.

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:56 pm

You're doing great for such a fresh start, and a little bit of schooling might help a bit. Mostly it depends on the teachers though, I've hated a lot of art teachers because they've tried to tell me that the way I draw is 'wrong'. There is no wrong in art, only expression. Just don't let them mold you into what they want, always express yourself in the way you choose. Good luck with your art, and feel free to bug me if you'd like tips or suggestions! I'm not really an expert, but I have a love for anime and other kinds of art as well.

(This is also Yubie, so don't worry. Same person, different account. Working on posts, and I have to swap around.)

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Money/Ryo : 6303604

Character Profile
Ranks: Wanderer
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Ok thanks... ^_^ And I've heard about that a lot lol. But there really isn't a "right" way to raw. And my pics of my friends, they aren't suppose to directly resemble them... it's just what I think they would look like as an anime person and let them choose if they wanted to be a certain race lol. Two of my friends are fairies, one is an elf, and my bestie is a princess... the last one. Then I drew myself hehe and two of my guy friends, which turned out better than I thought cuz my last few attempts at drawing guys sucked lol.

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:06 pm

lol I know how you feel, I suck at drawing guys. It's my worst feat of skill, they always look like kids, or more girls. But that's what I get for living in a family that consists of a total of four girls, and then my two closest friends are both girls. And yeah, I do the same thing when it comes to drawing anime, I don't like portraying reality so much as how I feel would best fit what I'm thinking.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:16 pm

yeah... Same here... but I do enjoy drawings and I love drawing the eyes.

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:11 pm

New One...did it today.. More pics to come soon. I like how I did the hair..

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yubie Zeta on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Very lovely, please draw more. The hair is indeed a very nice quality on the character, though I think that she would look better overall with some form of shading. Would you like some tips?
Yubie Zeta
Leader of Shinrei
Leader of Shinrei

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Yes please... ^_^ im still new to all this and only learned how to draw the structure.. Tho i dont like the arms.. But some tips would be helpful.

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

New Pic!!

Post by celtic_wonder on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey guys. This is a new pic i just finished drawing and coloring. It's of Destiny Islands from Kingdom hearts... my FAVORITE video game. It's no of the whole beach just the place where Sora, Kairi, ann Riku love to sit at. I used color blending and the dotting technique thing to emphasize lighting. I also used colored pencils for the sky blending and marker for everything else. Feedback is appreciated and I hope you guys like it. In my opinion, it's one of the best drawings I have ever done so far ^_^.

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:08 pm

Excellent work! I love the color contrast, you did a very nice job. I think my favorite part would have to be the texture of the tree leaves, they blend nicely with the water, but not to the point where they look like part of the water. I'd love to see more soon!

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:10 pm

Thank you Yen..! ^_^ And I just realized the middle part of the water is lighter than the outer sides. I think it gives it nice lighting contrast.

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 pm

Very true! I also like how the sky and the water have very different consistencies. The horizon doesn't look like one big chunk of blue. How long did it take you to dot the tree so nicely?

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Uhmmm.. i don't really know... XD i had to erase it a few times to get the size I wanted of the trees and the leaves. And what do you mean by consistencies?

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EpicArtifex on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:09 pm

These are pretty good. I think the hair on the last character worked out pretty nicely. If I were to make some constructive criticism, it would be that the faces of the first people seem a little wide. Either that, or the eyes are too close to the centre of the face.

Still, good stuff, keep at it.

EpicArtifex

Money/Ryo : 478403

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks for the comments and advice guys..! ^_^

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Willow on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:31 pm

celtic_wonder wrote:Hey guys. This is a new pic i just finished drawing and coloring. It's of Destiny Islands from Kingdom hearts... my FAVORITE video game. It's no of the whole beach just the place where Sora, Kairi, ann Riku love to sit at. I used color blending and the dotting technique thing to emphasize lighting. I also used colored pencils for the sky blending and marker for everything else. Feedback is appreciated and I hope you guys like it. In my opinion, it's one of the best drawings I have ever done so far ^_^.

OMG! I love kingdom hearts. Great pic btw. ^~^

To fall from grace is life, but to fall from his mind is death.
I would rather fight for him, and die by fire than lose him, my fallen star.
Willow

Money/Ryo : 42000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:40 pm

Tnx willow... AND I LOVE KINGDOM HEARTS! Nice to have. Fellow fan on here and glad you like it.. ^_^ i need to finish drawing my heartless symbol.

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by celtic_wonder on Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:30 pm

Finally I got you up now Yubie! XD That's how I've always pictured Yubie (I don't think I've read the character appearance on the app before so I've always pictured her that way xP). Hope you like it Yubie ^_^ and feedback is always welcomed. The body was actually finished a few months ago i just had gotten busy and I finished the legs a few weeks ago as well as the coloring but I added more shading just an hour ago cuz i got new markers last week with a skin color marker! So there you have it Yubie!

~*Theme Song*~
~*Battle Theme *~
~*Rei & Aoi's Theme <3*~
celtic_wonder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkeman92 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:07 am

Nice art Celtic.
Hawkeman92

Money/Ryo : 182700

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloody_thunder on Wed May 15, 2013 8:32 pm

wow im the first person to post from the year 2013 u should do an update to compare how much yuz art skillz improved

People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linier, non subjective point of view it is more like a big ball of wibbily wobbly timey wimey...stuff

doctor who
bloody_thunder

Money/Ryo : 67000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum