NavMenu and Pop-Up Chatbox

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NavMenu and Pop-Up Chatbox

Post by CL on Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:52 pm

As you've noticed, the navigation buttons (such as this one: ) are gone, and instead we have a drop-down NavMenu which can be seen floating in the upper right hand portion of the site. For those who are still lost, if you click it, it will show the same stuffs you see when we still have the buttons. Also, when you get a new PM, the words "Nav Menu" turns red (by default, it's white).

Also, the new pop-up chatbox. It's in the lower right portion of your browsers. It has a bit more handy tools than the previous pop-up chatbox. Here are some tricks:

/copy Calls the copy-friendly version of the messages within the chat at the time when the command was called.

/inbox Calls the Inbox.

/newpm Send a PM.

/logout Logs you out of the forum and the chat.

/report Report the current chat to the user you specify in the username box.

/search Search the topics and posts right from the chatbox.

/close Closes the chat and logs you out of the chat.

/friend: USERNAME Sends a friend request to the user you replaced USERNAME with.

Remember, these only takes effect when you're using the POP-UP Chatbox and not the ordinary chatbox.

Over and out.

Edit: for some reason, our IE users cannot experience the above-mentioned codes. The Chatbox, however, works fine for Chrome, Opera and Firefox users. We'll try to fix the glitch as soon as possible. Thank you.

Edit 2:
From "Rideem"
In IE FMChat is only a pop out chatbox due to Internet explorer's different ways of handling JavaScript. IE isnt a good browser anyway.

Try a modern browser like Firefox or Chrome.

Sorry IE Users.

~ooo~
Banana ah ah, Potato na ah ah.
Princess CelestinaAbilitiesWeapons

~ooo~

CL
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Money/Ryo : 233500

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NavMenu and Pop-Up Chatbox

Post by Jovia on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:07 am

Well I tried to give it a few days and the Nav Menu stinks....

I had a pm and well the nav menu didn't exactly load but the normal forum buttons that you got rid of came back.. well just one, the rest was link text. So yeah apparently if you get a pm it goes very very funky.

Jovia

Money/Ryo : 392364

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecenius Tosa on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:11 am

i had the opposite experience. i like the nav menu. it's really organised and easy to use in my opinion.

Ecenius's Theme
~Under Star~
Ecenius Tosa

Money/Ryo : 1643502

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yonbi Yako on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Personally I liked the buttons more, but I guess I just have to get used to the side menu.
Yonbi Yako

Money/Ryo : 119063

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yubie Zeta on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:15 pm

I have to admit, I miss the buttons too. The only thing I didn't like was having to scroll to the top of each page to get to them, which the Nav Menu helps with. However, I've been experiencing a few bugs too, and sometimes they're so bad that I have to refresh the page to fix it (sometimes repeatedly), but it eventually works. I have had the message problem - each time I get a PM, it notifies me by sending the pop-up and bugging. Maybe there's just a few kinks we need to work out?
Yubie Zeta
Leader of Shinrei
Leader of Shinrei

Money/Ryo : 2286543

Character Profile
Ranks: Country Leader
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:25 am

Okay, I've tried to grin and bear with this nav bar, but darn it, it needs to go. Sorry, everyone - it's just irritating, doesn't match the color theme, and just needs to be off my page, since it doesn't even work properly. Could someone please get rid of this and give us buttons again? The buttons work better, and they don't send me to random pages or freak out each time I get a PM. Thank you very much, and sorry if this is an inconvenience. I was hoping that it would make things more efficient over time, but it hasn't, it's only made things worse.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Money/Ryo : 6303604

Character Profile
Ranks: Wanderer
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:38 pm

So far, we have three people who dislike the navbar, and two who like it. I am one of the two. Any more input, or shall I resolve this?

"I am not Death. I am killing; I am the verb, I am the action, I am the performance. I am the movement that cuts the spine; I am the mass which pulps the brain. I am the headsnap ejecting consciousness into the air."
Spoiler:
The only relevant thread is Weapons if you want to fight.
Actually, if you don't read it, don't bother challenging me.
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Money/Ryo : 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecenius Tosa on Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:09 am

I would just like to say that you can change the navbar's color, same with the FMChat. I've been wondering why you haven't yet though.

Ecenius's Theme
~Under Star~
Ecenius Tosa

Money/Ryo : 1643502

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: