» One Piece Pirate Nation
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:34 pm by Violet

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm by Guest

» Fragmented Worlds
Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:46 am by Guest

» Digital Link
Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:56 pm by Guest

» Noveltellus: Elemental Dragon Bonding, and More!
Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:24 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts
Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 am by Guest

» Will of the Flame
Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 pm by Guest

» Naruto:Secrets of the Hidden Village
Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:44 pm by Kotetsu

© Copyright
RPG Haven 2011-2013
Owner - Haven Admin

Creations, posts, ideas, and information from this site are copyrighted to their respective creators and owners. Content may not be taken or used without their permission. Violation of this rule is considered plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License
RPG Haven is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

RPGH Button:

Our Affiliates:
  Soul Eater RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic Break The Chains Custom/Canon DC/Marvel roleplay
image jpg 1072-280 YPRPG T-Rⁿ/MoE Photobucket Fairytail Serenety TheextensionsRP

Group Renaming

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should either or both of the groups be renamed?

55% 55% 
[ 6 ]
9% 9% 
[ 1 ]
9% 9% 
[ 1 ]
27% 27% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Group Renaming

Post by Alpha Cygni on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:13 am

Just a quick suggestion, exactly what it says on the tin - I think some groups should be renamed. For now, there are only two.

Metahumans -> Augments

Not all cyborgs, robots, or bioengineered creatures are even technically human, or of human origin. The name doesn't make sense all the time, and Augments should account for the nonhumans.

Demons -> Infernals

This one is just for better symmetry with Celestials. The words pair up better.

Profile | Abilities | Weapons | Miscellaneous
Theme Song: H8seed - Neverending Strife
Battle Theme: Eurobeat Brony - Discord (EuroChaos Mix)
"Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys. Chocolate rain!" -Pinkie Pie
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE!" -Agatha Heterodyne

Important notice: From now on, Deneb will personally bitch-slap anyone who uses any form of the term "other dimension" where it should be "other universe", because the former is wrong.
Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Money/Ryo : 8225945

Character Profile
Ranks: Country Leader
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group Renaming

Post by TheGreatTeaTwinkleTa on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Shouldn't this be race renaming instead of group remaining? Just thought I'd ask sorry.

Have no fear the Great Tea Twinkle Ta is here!
smile -Tea *dances*

Achievement::
Getting to 300 posts with only two people counting myself. 12:32pm Link: http://rpg-haven.forumotion.com/t6048p1030-count-to-25-before-a-staff-posts#74185 Extra Note: My anger is clenched for now. I still have a battle to finish.
TheGreatTeaTwinkleTa

Money/Ryo : 12400

Character Profile
Ranks: Civilian
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Actually, I said groups because they're Forumotion user groups, although of course, the races would be renamed in the handbook as well.

"Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys. Chocolate rain!" -Pinkie Pie
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE!" -Agatha Heterodyne

Important notice: From now on, Deneb will personally bitch-slap anyone who uses any form of the term "other dimension" where it should be "other universe", because the former is wrong.
Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreatTeaTwinkleTa on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:42 pm

Oh okay. oh here maybe these links will help you to plead your case. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metahuman

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Augment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/infernal

smile -Tea *dances*

Getting to 300 posts with only two people counting myself. 12:32pm Link: http://rpg-haven.forumotion.com/t6048p1030-count-to-25-before-a-staff-posts#74185 Extra Note: My anger is clenched for now. I still have a battle to finish.
TheGreatTeaTwinkleTa

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:27 pm

The power of Google compels you?

I can't say I disapprove.

Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PettyCorvid on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:40 pm

"Infernal" is definitely better than "Demon". It's more inclusive of the various concepts that fall under that category. Besides that, it just sounds better."Metahuman" is less of an issue, I think, but "Augment" works at least equally well anyway.

Tangentially, "Race" is definitely not the right term. Ancients in particular are definitely not unified by species, much less race. Celestials and Demons/Infernals have as much to do with affiliation as their origin, and there isn't much to unify them physically. Spellcasters, Metahumans/Augments, and Alchemists are all frequently, though not always, human, and the spellcaster and alchemist categories are based on abilities, not species.

That seems like nitpicking, though.

Last edited by PettyCorvid on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

I am Blue/White

PettyCorvid

Money/Ryo : 46700

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreatTeaTwinkleTa on Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 pm

lol :3 I love google. They say bing is better than google and probably is, but bing messes up the computer. xp

smile -Tea *dances*

TheGreatTeaTwinkleTa

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:20 am

PettyCorvid wrote:That seems like nitpicking, though.
Sounds like this thread and my general attitude toward Haven's systems. <:

Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PettyCorvid on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Well, people definitely seem to prefer "Infernal" over "demon".

I am Blue/White

PettyCorvid

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:40 pm

Ooh, I missed Dalton giving in suggestions.

Alright, even though I have no hand at all in the decisions of the site, I'm gonna put something in.

Yep, Infernals sounds better than Demons, cause it can then account for other races not particularly demons, but from hell. Yep, there is stuff like that.

I can't really say anything for Augments, although it is a better defining word than 'Metahumans'. Although Augments are also supposed to be humans. Through Star Trek, I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:16 pm

I'm using it in a context that allows for non-humans: Anything with mechanical or possibly magitech augmentations.

Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Am I the only one here that doesn't automatically connect Celestials with Demons?
Demons, in the context of about half of those I have seen here, are fallen Angels. The other half are more Ancients with an evil bent. Celestials, on the other hand, does not mean angels. It means those that came from the stars.

I like the Augmented idea though.

"I am not Death. I am killing; I am the verb, I am the action, I am the performance. I am the movement that cuts the spine; I am the mass which pulps the brain. I am the headsnap ejecting consciousness into the air."
Spoiler:
The only relevant thread is Weapons if you want to fight.
Actually, if you don't read it, don't bother challenging me.
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Money/Ryo : 9000

Character Profile
Ranks: Guia
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:08 am

Celestials including aliens? You deserve a Fridge Brilliance point for that one.

Although that sort of reinforces the point - demons just aren't the proper pair. I know Infernal is a bit too fiery for some other things, but 'chthonic' is Greek and too obscure for most people who aren't me, and I don't have too many other ideas for that at the moment. Bugger.

Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prince Cort on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:17 am

Augments/Augmented implies that a person has a part of him enhanced by technology, right? Which makes cyborgs fit in. But what about those who are just normal people? No enhancements, no lab experiments, no magics, just their skill. Would they fit in to this category?

The mist is our salvation...
The mist is eternal...
The mist is perfect harmony...
Prince Cort

Money/Ryo : 177367

Character Profile
Ranks: Meister Outlaw
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sen Xaqairy on Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:28 am

Augmented Training perhaps?
Sen Xaqairy
Country General

Money/Ryo : 47600

Character Profile
Ranks: Nexus
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:41 am

Ah... we don't have a category for normals, even Badass Normals. At all. That's a completely separate and equally annoying problem with Haven, just as much as the *lack* of unpowered characters. Someone come up with a better name and make it a new category, I would say, if only we actually had more than one or two - that really doesn't fit Augments, which are bioengineered/cyborgs/magically enhanced/robots for lack of a better group.

Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PettyCorvid on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:02 pm

I think that's because of the power level (which I'm still getting used to). "Human" is the lowest measure of a PC's stats. You can have a character who's supposedly a perfectly normal human being, but you pretty much have to use some kind of Charles Atlas Superpowers to make the power level fit.

I am Blue/White

PettyCorvid

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QoB on Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:15 am

does it really matter? in my time here I've only seen about 3 people actually care about stats and all of them were rule sharks.

That said, "Badass Normals" sounds like a group I'd actually vote for. xD

Character~*~Abilities~*~Weapons~*~Misc
Philosopher Fragments: 10
Battle Theme
QoB

Money/Ryo : 15066469

Character Profile
Ranks: Outlaw
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:10 am

If I could edit the poll without fucking up the votes, I would add that right now.

Oh well. I want that group in anyway.

Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChesterKaosu on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:04 pm

I request that you put in Mystic Bloods creatures who have mystic powers. They are usually humans, but are jokers and jesters. Stuff like that. ^3^ I'd vote for that.

I died!?!? eek But you saved me! aww Yay I'm alive! cheery until I die again xp sigh -thestupidfoolwholovedjesters@gmail.com aka Chester

My favorite music
ChesterKaosu

Money/Ryo : 72600

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

Unfortunately Chester, there have been quite a number of instances to support Alpha's suggestions, while yours is only backed by one.

We have had suggestions by different people in the past for new character groups, but we have denied every single one as they are usually far too specific and driven by a single persons desire to have a new kind of character, when their actual idea can fit quite easily into one of the already established groups.

"I am not Death. I am killing; I am the verb, I am the action, I am the performance. I am the movement that cuts the spine; I am the mass which pulps the brain. I am the headsnap ejecting consciousness into the air."
Spoiler:
The only relevant thread is Weapons if you want to fight.
Actually, if you don't read it, don't bother challenging me.
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Money/Ryo : 9000

Character Profile
Ranks: Guia
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:45 pm

Oh, I don't know about that. Say, Deneb is a trickster - possibly the trickster - and has large quantities of magical power, but it certainly doesn't have any blood. <:

Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChesterKaosu on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 am

Well my main point is that I think jesters, jokers and anything related to them should have there own category. Or maybe they should just go under bad ass human, or something. Just sharing my thoughts that's all. ^^

I died!?!? eek But you saved me! aww Yay I'm alive! cheery until I die again xp sigh -thestupidfoolwholovedjesters@gmail.com aka Chester

My favorite music
ChesterKaosu

Money/Ryo : 72600

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt Rawson on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:29 am

Hmm, I was just wondering, will evil aliens like Megatron go under Celestials?Maybe we can make a group called aliens as a whole. Oh, and I too vote for a group called "badass normals".

Kurt Rawson, Bringer of Justice, leader of Forge.

Kurt- Armor Form
Spoiler:

Kurt Rawson
Haven's Pyromaniac
Haven's Pyromaniac

Money/Ryo : 264200

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile http://lifetheuniverseandeverything2.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:04 am

Why, yes. Megatron SHOULD go under Celestials. Having groups obviously based only on Abrahamic/Christian mythology annoys me anyway, and 'good' and 'evil' really shouldn't be racial traits. "Aliens" is too human-centered, and half the point of this thread was to NOT have everything so fixated on humanity.

Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content