Group Renaming

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Group Renaming

Post by Alpha Cygni on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:13 am

First topic message reminder :

Just a quick suggestion, exactly what it says on the tin - I think some groups should be renamed. For now, there are only two.

Metahumans -> Augments

Not all cyborgs, robots, or bioengineered creatures are even technically human, or of human origin. The name doesn't make sense all the time, and Augments should account for the nonhumans.

Demons -> Infernals

This one is just for better symmetry with Celestials. The words pair up better.

Profile | Abilities | Weapons | Miscellaneous
Theme Song: H8seed - Neverending Strife
Battle Theme: Eurobeat Brony - Discord (EuroChaos Mix)
"Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys. Chocolate rain!" -Pinkie Pie
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE!" -Agatha Heterodyne

Important notice: From now on, Deneb will personally bitch-slap anyone who uses any form of the term "other dimension" where it should be "other universe", because the former is wrong.
Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Money/Ryo : 8225945

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group Renaming

Post by Spectre-K10 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 am

Humanity is gone. Only the specks are left. The surviving pure humans, if any, are either being left for dead or are turning more into machines. BAM! Awesome plot!

Carry on.

(╯°□°)╯︵ Guest  
Spectre-K10
Leader of Alteria
Leader of Alteria

Money/Ryo : 9742608

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:14 am

I have to, on principle, disagree with the Megatron as a celestial angle. He'd fit in with a lot of the other Metahumans, in that the only reason they're in that group is because they're vaguely humanoid in shape. If we changed the name, all the better.

If Celestial changed to mean anything and everything from outside of the planet regardless of whether or not they fit into another group, it messes up the system we have now quite significantly, and we'd have to shift quite a few of the current Ancients, Demons, and some Metahumans out of their groups into the Celestial group, causing quite an imbalance.

"I am not Death. I am killing; I am the verb, I am the action, I am the performance. I am the movement that cuts the spine; I am the mass which pulps the brain. I am the headsnap ejecting consciousness into the air."
Spoiler:
The only relevant thread is Weapons if you want to fight.
Actually, if you don't read it, don't bother challenging me.
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Money/Ryo : 9000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:31 am

Oh, wait. Point taken - Cybertronians and the like have more emphasis on the robot aspect than the alien aspect, really. Unfortunately, I can't think of a better term than Augments that encompasses fully mechanical beings on top of everything.

The point of not binding Celestial/Infernal to morality still stands, though. That was what I was emphasizing.

Profile | Abilities | Weapons | Miscellaneous
Theme Song: H8seed - Neverending Strife
Battle Theme: Eurobeat Brony - Discord (EuroChaos Mix)
"Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys. Chocolate rain!" -Pinkie Pie
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE!" -Agatha Heterodyne

Important notice: From now on, Deneb will personally bitch-slap anyone who uses any form of the term "other dimension" where it should be "other universe", because the former is wrong.
Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Money/Ryo : 8225945

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top