» One Piece Pirate Nation
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:34 pm by Violet

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm by Guest

» Fragmented Worlds
Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:46 am by Guest

» Digital Link
Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:56 pm by Guest

» Noveltellus: Elemental Dragon Bonding, and More!
Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:24 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts
Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 am by Guest

» Will of the Flame
Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 pm by Guest

» Naruto:Secrets of the Hidden Village
Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:44 pm by Kotetsu

© Copyright
RPG Haven 2011-2013
Owner - Haven Admin

Creations, posts, ideas, and information from this site are copyrighted to their respective creators and owners. Content may not be taken or used without their permission. Violation of this rule is considered plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License
RPG Haven is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

RPGH Button:

Our Affiliates:
  Soul Eater RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic Break The Chains Custom/Canon DC/Marvel roleplay
image jpg 1072-280 YPRPG T-Rⁿ/MoE Photobucket Fairytail Serenety TheextensionsRP

Abel's Dismantling Thread! [XX]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Abel's Dismantling Thread! [XX]

Post by Abel XIV on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:04 pm

To make myself useful, I've decided to create a thread in which I'll post and review all the things I believe that should be eliminated or modified so the labor of the staff (of which I'd be very glad to belong to once again) is much easier :3

In this thread I'll address mainly Rules, but I shall talk about other elements of the forum too.

Well, without further speech, I shall address the first subject of my self-righteous hammy wrath... The navigation widget.

That demonic thing is always getting on my way whenever I use anything that isn't a comp to get connected to the site, it is distracting, annoying, getting in the way whenever I want to get in the CB, and worst of all, it's default state is open, what means that you have to click it every time you get on a page to get rid of this pesky distraction. In my opinion we should get rid of it (I mean, how much of a bother is scrolling up?, It's not like if any of the pages or threads had kilometric lengths as the norm) or modify it. With just a slight change to the left side, it'd be much less annoying. However, the best thing to do would make it an horizontal bar with actual pretty buttons where it is supposed to be, below the banner. Then, whenever we scrolled down, the bar would descend as well, at the very edge of the top of the screen. That would look nifty, wouldn't it?

Main Theme: Kill Your Heroes
Battle theme (Main form): Knights of Cydonia
Battle theme (Ascension: Truth): Hunting for Witches
Battle theme (Ascension: Boundless): Wings Of A Butterfly
Battle theme (Ascension: Last Hope): Oblivion
Battle theme (Ascension: The Freed): Orphan Anthem 86'd
Abel XIV

Money/Ryo : 782500

Character Profile
Ranks: Civilian
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Abel's Dismantling Thread! [XX]

Post by Abel XIV on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Next subject, the chatbox button... The problem with this one is pretty simple... it appears not to work. It doesn't work for me at least. I'd like some feedback on this, because if it doesn't work for more people, it should be either eliminated or fixed. Why do we want a button that does nothing at all?

Abel XIV

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abel XIV on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Next, the Red Book... There's nothing wrong with it, but I believe it could use some tweaks:

1st: It could use an explanation on wether or not the reward for a criminal comes from the reporter's pocket or not.

2st: People just don't use it. That, or everyone is Lawful Good and has never broken a plate, considering how little reports have been since its creation. In my opinion, there should be a small reward for reporting crimes, like a 15k~20k. It's not too much yet it would make sure that the Red Book is used consistently.

Abel XIV

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Abel XIV wrote:
That demonic thing is always getting on my way whenever I use anything that isn't a comp to get connected to the site, it is distracting, annoying, getting in the way whenever I want to get in the CB, and worst of all, it's default state is open, what means that you have to click it every time you get on a page to get rid of this pesky distraction. In my opinion we should get rid of it (I mean, how much of a bother is scrolling up?, It's not like if any of the pages or threads had kilometric lengths as the norm) or modify it. With just a slight change to the left side, it'd be much less annoying. However, the best thing to do would make it an horizontal bar with actual pretty buttons where it is supposed to be, below the banner. Then, whenever we scrolled down, the bar would descend as well, at the very edge of the top of the screen. That would look nifty, wouldn't it?

I'd like the Navigation bar far better if it held small Icons instead of Text. Which should reduce it's width as well. Replace Navigation with a Compass, home with a house, portal with a portal, calendar with a calendar, search with a magnifying glass, member list with an icon of a group of people, usergroups with a flag, profile with an icon of an individual, inbox with a letter, and log out with a door.

Then of course have a normal Navigation bar at the top of the page, as normal.

Abel XIV wrote:Next subject, the chatbox button... The problem with this one is pretty simple... it appears not to work. It doesn't work for me at least. I'd like some feedback on this, because if it doesn't work for more people, it should be either eliminated or fixed. Why do we want a button that does nothing at all?
Does not work for me either.

Bloo Hate: comfort thy name is Ruins thighs..
Harmony

Money/Ryo : 19700

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecenius Tosa on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 pm

The FMchat has been removed from Forumotion as the newest version, v5.0, held malicious code in the Java script. I think they just removed all of them, so now they don't work anymore.

Ecenius's Theme
~Under Star~
Ecenius Tosa

Money/Ryo : 1643502

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abel XIV on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 am

Just a small addition to the character template that I think that will be cool :3 (I may tackle the template later btw):

Want to put music on your app?, Use this code below.

Code:
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="25" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/NXUsERtj_rg?version=2&autoplay=1&hd=1&theme=red&loop=1"><param name="movie" value=""http://www.youtube.com/v/NXUsERtj_rg?version=2&autoplay=1&hd=1&theme=red&loop=1" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /></object>

Where you see "http://www.youtube.com/v/NXUsERtj_rg" you want to put your own youtube link in that place. However, you're going to need to twerk the link just alittle.

For example if you wanted to use - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYvUA1EGNLc - This link will need to be turned into

http://www.youtube.com/v/bYvUA1EGNLc

Noticed I removed the "watch?" and "=" before putting / before and after the v.

If you do it correctly, your new link should look like the one above. Now all you need to do is insert it into the code, like so..

Last edited by Abel XIV on Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Abel XIV

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raumulus on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:25 am

Little slow on the uptake there, Abel. We've already discussed and resolved those things so don't worry about it, I don't think anyone really likes the navbar lol.

Me, Myself, and I
Raum's Ever-changing Theme (Updated: 4/4/2013)
Tetragrammaton:
Credits to galvesar, the metalest necrobro ever!
Raumulus
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Money/Ryo : 553472

Character Profile
Ranks: Overlord
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:51 am

It is decided. The nav bar goes down. And yes, this is my official comeback.

Back to top Go down

Post by QoB on Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:43 am

Abel XIV wrote:2st: People just don't use it. That, or everyone is Lawful Good and has never broken a plate, considering how little reports have been since its creation. In my opinion, there should be a small reward for reporting crimes, like a 15k~20k. It's not too much yet it would make sure that the Red Book is used consistently.

more than "used consistently" this provides a window for people to spam for easy money, by going "Lawful Stupid" and reporting everyone for everything. xD
what they could do instead is add npc's to the red book that a gm can play for others so people can try to hunt them down.

also change the "autoplay" part of your music code to "0" please. ;D

Character~*~Abilities~*~Weapons~*~Misc
Philosopher Fragments: 10
Battle Theme
QoB

Money/Ryo : 15066469

Character Profile
Ranks: Outlaw
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abel XIV on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:02 pm

You have a point there. However, it's too little for people to be crazy over it. In fact right now with a single advertisement, which is much faster to make and doesn't require you to RP in a thread, you gain twice as much. It's just a little candy for people not to forget using it. Yet, as I see it, we should avoid giving bounties for anything less than intentional unjustified murder of at least one NPC. That way, no one would report stupid shiz like "He stole a bar of bread!".

Also, we should also impose the rule that in order to report a crime, your PC must have witnessed it or been told about it by another PC. I think that'd pretty much solve the matter.

I also support your idea of adding NPCs to the Red Book for them to be played, by the GMs upon requests to hunt them down and / or events.

One last thing about the Red Book... Correct me if I'm wrong (for I'm still re-reading the handbook and the rest of the rules), but hadn't we returned to the "No killing without permission" model?, If that's the case, all of the part talking about PK threads should be removed.

PD: Can't do that Ebil bro, however, I've changed the music to a more pleasant track. Hope it's enough :3

Abel XIV

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile