Heeeeeeere's Krynny! {OPEN}

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heeeeeeere's Krynny! {OPEN}

Post by Kryn Cluskio on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:10 am

"Okay, fine, Kryn, but you'd better call us back soon. Mom and Dad'll be worried about you." His sister Karli, though younger than he, was standing over him, scolding him. Kryn stood nearby. It looked like he was ignoring her, but he nodded after a few seconds. Kryn's brother stood next to her. He was quieter than Kryn. He slightly moved his head down in a gesture that was supposed to mean, "see you later."

Kryn nodded while turning. A flash behind him indicated that they had left this universe. Kryn smiled. He ran out of the alleyway and looked left and right. He was back. He couldn't believe it. His last life, though only 19 years worth of one, was his favorite life on this planet. He remembered back when it was called earth. It was fun back then too, but this was much better. He'd met memorable people and made friends. He probably had made enemies too, but that didn't matter to him!

He was back.

Versalis City. He knew this place well. He sighed, the inhaled deeply, the exhaled once more. His smile faded from his face as he was able to calm himself down.

Now where should I check out first? Who should I look for first? Maybe I should-

His thoughts were cut short by a rumbling in his stomach. He'd forgotten that now that his body was mortal, it needed food. He remembered, one trait that he kept no matter what memories he had, that there was a food court near here.

Minutes later, Kryn sat at a table and was eating a breakfast burrito, as it was still pretty early in the day. Inside: Eggs, sausage, bacon, cheese, more bacon, baycun, Bei-kun, and more bacon. He loved it. He ate with one hand, for his left hand was a claw.

Kryn Cluskio

Money/Ryo : 334000

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Heeeeeeere's Krynny! {OPEN}

Post by Yenomrah on Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:10 am

Tired and a little overwhelmed, Chloë found her way to a little area that served a variety of foods; the sight reminded her of major shopping areas that had several businesses flourishing, yet competing at the same time. The high volume of population and monetary exchange must have reinforced the same kind of business here, and she found the idea of getting something to eat at this point would be pleasant. She stood in line, smiling at the people, though still not confident that this area would be safe enough for her to remove her hood and stroll around as the citizen she once was. The girl couldn't lie that while she was happy to be back in her homeland, she felt as if a part of her had betrayed the local people, as she wasn't there to protect anyone when the war was fought, and she'd now officially abandoned the country's title.

"Oh, hello, yes, I'd like a taco please, ma'am. A taco. I'm sorry, I'd like a taco please. I want a taco. TACO! TACO! TACO!"

Finding that her voice was still too small to be of any real use in such a crowded area, Chloë forced a shout at the lady despite her desire to be as polite as possible to the people taking her request, and gratefully handed money over when they gave her a crispy chicken salad. The order wasn't correct, but she couldn't blame them, and didn't want to cause a fuss over something like that. The salad would be just fine, and she enjoyed the juicy taste of the uniquely cooked chicken. It seemed to her that while some foods could be found anywhere, certain designs for food could only be found in Kyré - especially when it came to deep fried and chocolate covered, likely due to the influence of the new leader, Carrie.

The hybrid sat near Kryn, but hadn't noticed; in fact, Chloë did see him as she passed by, but had no recollection of the peculiar man who once wanted to become a brother to her. Instead she picked at her food, singling out her favorites and eating them last to make the end of her meal taste the best. She didn't feel that she had long to eat, either, as she was unable to locate a decent laboratory in the outskirt village, and felt awkward when she realized that she'd have to go straight into the capital to find something that high in tech and open to the public - especially now that she could be construed as a criminal.
Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Money/Ryo : 6303604

Character Profile
Ranks: Wanderer
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryn Cluskio on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:41 am

Near him, Kryn, of course after finishing the very last bit of delectable bacon, looked in awe as he saw one his previous life had gotten particularly close to.

Well, by look in awe... Well, look at the avatar for reference. Kryn rarely contorted his face out of emotion, so that smile earlier meant he was really, REALLY happy.

Anyway, Kryn looked in '"awe" of the small girl. He tried to remember stuff about her, which he could very easily, but also remembered that he was supposed to be mad at her. He actually busted out laugh right there.

Well, by bust out laughing, it was more of a loud, "Heh heh heh."

Keep in mind: Kryn's normally a god, so he's seen just about everything.

Which is exactly why he'd enjoyed Haven so much. There were things here that weren't anywhere else; people he couldn't replicate; stories he couldn't tell.

Lives he had no control over.

Like this girls. He remembered how she'd defied him. He admired it, the ability to defy a god. It actually made one corner of his mouth stick up a little.

He decided to talk to her. He simply walked up to the table and spoke a language that he'd not heard in Haven when he was here last. He wasn't sure if anyone spoke this old language.

"Oi, chibi! Sore wa futatabi anata ni ai ni subarashīdesu Chloë. Ogenkidesuka?"

Kryn Cluskio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Sensitive ears picked up chuckling, and Chloë looked away from her salad to see someone walk towards her, and listened in confusion as he spoke a language she hadn't learned quite proficiently yet. She wondered if the man was a tourist of some kind, and he might have needed her help, but from the words he spoke, they seemed calm, and she even thought she understood just a couple - including one that seemed much like her name. Deciding to remain calm, the young half elf did her best to pleasantly dissolve the situation and assist if necessary, remembering to be polite and speak slowly just in case the man only knew a little English, if any.

"I... I'm not little. I'm sorry, I think I may have misunderstood you. Do you speak English, Sir? I'd be more than happy to assist you if I understood a little better."

By now, she thought that he might have spoken Japanese, and the hybrid mostly knew Roman languages aside from her own language. She didn't want to be rude, though, and understood how it was difficult to be accepted or welcomed when you did not speak the most popular language in the area. She had stood so that the man could see that she was doing her best to engage in the conversation, and used hand gestures as much as possible to reinforce what she wanted to communicate. To a certain degree, she now felt bad that she hadn't spent more time getting accustomed to new languages, as she'd avoided most of the oriental languages because they seemed too complicated for her to follow easily. Still at a loss, she made a polite dip of her head and tried to imitate the styles used by those people to further prove that she meant to be kind and helpful.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryn Cluskio on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Kryn reached for the girls head with his claw, pausing halfway, forgetting that his hand would cut her head. He switch hands and interrupted Chloe.

He lowered his head and looked her in the eyes intently, his amethyst purple eyes only inches away from her own. Normally, he could peer into her soul and scrape any memory he wanted into her mind. Not having his god-like powers prevented this.

A second of staring into her eyes made him realized that she had indeed forgotten about him. He stood tall, well taller than the girl, and spoke; English this time.

"Oh how sad the young Chloe does not remember me." He removed his hand from her head and stepped back. "I've not changed that much have I? Kryn Cluskio? I was the man who had tried to become your brother for subconscious reasons."

That left his mouth and he regretted saying it, for that might have made the situation awkward for her. He shook his head and waved the matter aside, reintroducing himself.

"Never mind all that. My name is Kryn Cluskio. The Go-" He caught himself almost say "God of your world." He wasn't. "The Vampire/Angel hybrid. It's nice to meet you again, Chloe, even if you don't remember me. Well... the old me." Kryn smiled that smile that you couldn't tell was real or fake, but still made you wonder, then bowed respectfully.

Kryn Cluskio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:15 pm

The man reached out to touch her head, and Chloë wasn't entirely certain why, but she stopped speaking and remained patient. He stared into her eyes, and she wondered what it was that he was thinking, and then began to speak, very much to her relief, in English. Once he said her name again, and even mentioned that she didn't remember him, her eyes widened with confusion, and she tried to remember exactly where she'd met the man before. He was kind enough to mention enough about what she would have known him from, and it allowed her to bring up little fragmented bits of memory from what she believed was a trip to the mall with the strange man. She smiled lightly when a few memories reminded her of their strange encounter, and nodded in reply.

"My apologies. You appear differently from what I remember. I had believed you were someone else from the way you had started to speak that language!"

She nodded a few times as if apologizing and thanking Kryn for telling her who he was, and then thought for a moment to herself. Last encounter, he was quite angry with her because she'd disobeyed his orders when fighting a rather unpleasant walking corpse. At this point, however, it was official that she was not required to take any kind of orders from him, as she was no longer formally associated with the country. She did her best not to yield any thoughts to Kryn with her facial features, as the look he'd given her made her feel uncomfortable; it seemed to her that he was trying to read her mind just by looking at her, and she wasn't fond of sharing her memories with anyone but herself.

"Where did you go? You say subconscious - did you find out why you wished to be my brother? Not that I mind that much. Just, we're not family."

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryn Cluskio on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Kryn's lips curled in an almost unnoticeable smile. He bowed again upon being told he was remembered. That made him feel pleasant, but that's about it.

"I do apologize, I just wanted to have a little fun in Japanese. I've not heard it around here."

As he spoke, he held up his claw and gestured with it. Then he started to explain old Kryn's actions.

"Oi! Chibi, I'm glad you asked me that. You see, I have a little sister as myself. That old me had his memories distorted and changed and such. That old me was just missing my little sister so much he was given a sort of brotherly personality to any small female who looked to be in their teenage years. I hope you'll forgive me if he'd overstepped any boundaries."

Once again, the man with the accent, not of a language of this world, but it did sound much like what would be called a British accent.

"Erm.. as for where I went... I'd rather not say. Let's say it's a secret. And how about you? Is there anything I can help you with, Chibi?"

Kryn had now officially dubbed Chloe as "Chibi," 'cos Chloe's so short.

Kryn Cluskio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Surprised, Chloë eyed Kryn's new arm with curiosity, wondering to herself just what had changed, and where he'd gone to, as he decided that he'd keep it secret. Usually, she was more accustomed to keeping her thoughts and history secret, rather than meeting other people who had obviously gone through an interesting series of events and allowing them to keep their secrets. He explained things about his "old" self, and how he'd somehow been mentally locked to not remember those things properly, and even how he had a sister. Chloë wasn't entirely certain how to feel about the situation, but she smiled regardless and respected his wishes on how he'd prefer to keep certain facts quiet about himself.

"You're quite fine. It seems that you've been through a lot, and learned interesting things. I don't find it my place to pry too much, and I don't mind that you're trying new things, either; learning is pleasant and healthy. I'm just glad that you were able to find out so many interesting and important things about yourself, and that you were able to learn more about your family. Is your sister nice? Is your family alright?"

Doing her best to not mind the fact that someone else knew more than she did on a certain situation and refrain from prying, Chloë decided to treat the situation as if the conversation was about little more than Kryn having seen his family recently. In some ways, she was happy for the man, as he'd likely found what he'd been searching for all this time, while she was still lost to her own searching and wondering. Perhaps as the years would pass, she'd finally find the reason for why she'd wandered so far, or the feelings would pass long enough for her to settle and enjoy a more basic and comfortable life, like one she would have chosen for herself if she hadn't designated herself on the search for the ones she'd loved.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryn Cluskio on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:51 pm

"Learn? I've known Japanese for well over, what was it, maybe 6000 years in this place's time. It's nothing special, really."

He looked down at her food, which remained unfinished. He did another one of those hard-to-tell smiles and motioned for the hybrid to sit while he stood. He dipped his head before continuing his reply.

"My family needed no finding. They were in the same place I'd left them. As for my sister... She's possessive of my brother and I. A very nice girl, not like you. Oh, no. She's loud and very talkative. She was here earlier, but left. She went, erm, back to my parents with my brother, as she and he can go, and, for the moment, I am stuck here."

Given the circumstances, he didn't know what he was going to do with the old him's social relationships he made. Was he to treat them as normal, or start completely over? He didn't know himself. He decided to get suggestions from one who didn't have any idea what was going on.

"So, Chloe, were I to be a totally different person I was before, though still being the same person... Were I to have a different personality than before, yet be the same person who had made all of these friends, should I start over with them all, or carry on all of them as normal? What would you do in this situation?"

Kryn Cluskio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:08 am

Hearing Kryn state how long he'd known the Japanese language, Chloë's brow raised with curiosity, wanting to ask even more questions than before. She remained silent, however, and listened to him recount things about his sister and their differences, and even wondered in silence about where it was that his family really was, and why he had to be "stuck" here. Suddenly, he asked a strange question that threw the half elf off guard, and she found herself looking at her feet for a moment as she tried to think of genuine advice that would best assist his situation. She stuttered for a few seconds, obviously uncomfortable with the idea of giving advice that could possibly lead down negative paths, but finally spoke up when she thought of something.

"Personalities and people change all the time, Kryn. Even though you appear different and seem different than before, you're still similar to the person I once met here a while ago. If I were you, I'd continue to be myself as usual, and if anyone has questions on the situation, you can simply be kind and explain so that they don't feel strange about what's happened to you. Though, if you're trying to hide under the veil and pretense of being human to some, you might want to omit the details about how many languages you know and how long you've known them - not that I mind. I'd rather know, and I'm certain you'll find those that will share the information with you kindly, and not overreact to the dilemma. Does that seem fair to you?"

Feeling more confident about her words, Chloë spoke cheerfully and fearlessly, deciding to give the man the best kind of experience she could from her own lifetime. She didn't quite know if it would apply to him as well as it did to her, but at the very least, she'd somehow managed to give a better response than stuttering and mumbling to herself. She wore a smile that gave a friendly feel to her aura, and did her best to make Kryn feel that no matter what he discovered in his life, so long as he did what he could to make the right choices, she'd accept him as a friend whenever they encountered each other - even if he did try to boss her around once because he didn't realize she could handle a combat situation.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryn Cluskio on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:00 am

Kryn looked straight up and thought about his reply. He chose his words carefully.

"Well, Chibi, I don't really have anything to hide." He chuckled a little. "I mean, I have a claw and these long sharp fangs. I can't really 'hide under the veil and pretense of being human' with these. And my change... I'm not the Kryn you knew; not the Kryn who'd protect you with his life if need be."

He then paused to choose his words again. He didn't want to sound cruel, but he wanted to be honest.

"I'm the kind of person who wouldn't risk his life for everyone. Not like him. He was too nice, if you ask me. A fool. Then again, he was the most human version of me."

Kryn sighed, noticing that he was getting nowhere. He shook his head and changed the subject.

"Ah... never mind. I thought I was going somewhere with that. it's nothing. Why don't you finish your meal? Then, if you wish, we could catch up a little."

Kryn Cluskio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Sat May 11, 2013 5:19 pm

The hybrid listened carefully to what Kryn had to say about his situation, and she hid a curved smirk when he mentioned that he had nothing to hide. From what she'd observed so far, he had plenty to omit and hide, and while he certainly was more forward than before, she didn't believe that anyone with that much history would be comfortable with having everything exposed. He chuckled and gestured to his fangs and claws, making a point about how it'd be difficult to pretend to be human, making the young girl slowly nod in response. After he began to detail the differences between the "new" Kryn standing before her, and the "old" Kryn that had supposedly been a fragment, her expression slightly darkened, and while she didn't mind the idea that the "old" Kryn had lost his memories, as he did seem conflicted and confused quite often, the explanation of how the "new" Kryn thought about his old self and others mildly disturbed her.

"I wouldn't have called the man I once knew as Kryn a fool. He had much to learn, like everyone, but his willingness to assist others for me was closer to a feat of strength than a weakness. Few are willing or even able to go to such lengths to make the life of a stranger better, and even less would perform the act without expecting something in return. Perhaps you did get into more trouble back then, but it's all a learning experience, is it not?"

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryn Cluskio on Wed May 29, 2013 1:10 am

Kryn turned at the girl's words. He understood where she was coming from, but as a God, as an ancient being, his experience with this "feat of strength" had sent him many times to his death. Too many. And he'd seen many close mortals fall to their deaths as well. Still too many. And unlike him, they never got back up. Looking away from the girl and up into the clouds, he simply muttered, "It's not the trouble that made him a fool."

He would have explained to Chloe that it was because Kryn would have no afterlife here and Kryn would have no second chance here. Here, one was all he had. He would have said that, but it would be hard to understand. He didn't want to yet reveal himself needlessly as a God.

But now his never-changing face would not show the sadness he felt at this moment. Remembering the many he had known who had helped him in the same way the old Kryn would help others; their lives leaving. His inability to tamper with their souls due to his parents' rules.

"Chibi, he was just a fool. I'll leave it at that."

Kryn Cluskio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Wed May 29, 2013 6:04 am

He spoke in a manner that suggested to Chloë that he'd changed to the point of believing that helping people in the past was wrong, or unwise. Blinking, Chloë realized that she didn't quite know how to respond to the situation, or if she should speak at all, since her thoughts on the matter appeared to make him feel uncomfortable. Not knowing the new insight the man had, or understanding why he'd suddenly changed, she decided to be polite as usual and avoid making an already awkward situation more unpleasant, and opened her mouth to speak in her same polite mannerisms, despite her dislike in being called little by someone who hadn't bothered to prove why they could imitate having authority over her.

"Hm, alright then, if you wish. It's a pleasure to see you again, though, and I'm glad that things seem to have improved for you. As for me, I may actually have to leave soon. I'm not entirely bound by an urgent schedule, but I do have plenty of matters to sort out. I apologize if it's inconvenient after such a sudden reunion...."

Her voice carried the same lilt it always did, as if he was no different from the man she had met before; while she did wonder what happened to him, she felt no need to pry if he clearly displayed discomfort in the situation. At the very least, she could withdraw from the area and leave him feeling welcome and happy. Very rarely was Chloë ever spiteful, and this man in her eyes didn't deserve something like that - or at least, she didn't believe he'd done anything to her that would merit such actions and feelings. Perhaps in the future she'd get to meet his family and understand why he spoke about himself and others in the manner that he did. In fact, she imagined that if she had found her family, she'd appear to be a different person as well, so judging hardly seemed fair.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryn Cluskio on Thu May 30, 2013 1:48 am

Kryn sighed then shrugged. He followed with a nod.

"Unexpected meetings don't usually last for long. An apology is not needed. Oh, I am no longer with Kyre, so don't expect to find me by going to an enforcer's station like before, not that I expect you to wish to see me. There's always the possibility, so I wanted to say that."

Kryn kowtowed to the young elvish girl. When he came back up he wore a smile. He was happy to be back. His first reunion back was with a very good friend. He thought back to setting up that festival with her in this very city. He also remembered when he'd gotten mad at her the last time they saw each other. He decided to dismiss himself now.

"I'll be taking my leave now, if you don't mind. I'm sorry if I troubled you or ruined your meal at all." He turned around know and willed his wings to appear on his back. He his head around and said, "By the way, I'm sorry for my old self's actions when we last met. Think of it as brotherly love." He then hopped off and, aided by his wings, flew away, wondering what the hell he was going to do next.

[}~EXIT~{]

Kryn Cluskio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum