» One Piece Pirate Nation
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:34 pm by Violet

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm by Guest

» Fragmented Worlds
Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:46 am by Guest

» Digital Link
Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:56 pm by Guest

» Noveltellus: Elemental Dragon Bonding, and More!
Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:24 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts
Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 am by Guest

» Will of the Flame
Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 pm by Guest

» Naruto:Secrets of the Hidden Village
Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:44 pm by Kotetsu

© Copyright
RPG Haven 2011-2013
Owner - Haven Admin

Creations, posts, ideas, and information from this site are copyrighted to their respective creators and owners. Content may not be taken or used without their permission. Violation of this rule is considered plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License
RPG Haven is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

RPGH Button:

Our Affiliates:
  Soul Eater RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic Break The Chains Custom/Canon DC/Marvel roleplay
image jpg 1072-280 YPRPG T-Rⁿ/MoE Photobucket Fairytail Serenety TheextensionsRP

Guild Requirements

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guild Requirements

Post by Black Waltz on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:40 am

Hello everyone. Though I've no guild or group of my own, in studying these features of Haven, I have noticed that we may have a slight imbalance present in what is required of a guild. To actually form a legitimate guild the faction must possess ten members - but the total active characters here on this fine establishment likely numbers just over forty at best, meaning we would have only enough for a mere four guilds (Assuming freelancers and fugitives did not exist and everyone cooperated to form these guilds, of course). I do think ten people would be a fine requirement for a guild, provided there was a greater abundance of people there to meet the requirements. I've heard Lance talk about it a few times often saying just how immensely difficult it is to get a guild started. And he's right - I've looked at it multiple times, and it's extremely difficult. There's actually no real way to do it without bringing people onto the site, and by that I mean a lot of fresh blood. With fresh blood you never know if it is staying or leaving either - so a smaller portion of who is brought in could be potential guild members, and even less would be interested in joining whatever guild that is trying to start up. It's one of the hardest things to do, it would seem.

I am new to the community, but I would like to suggest that we ease the requirement at least until we have a few active guilds already up and running. When there are plenty of active guilds, by all means, make the requirements harsher to avoid an over-abundance. I just feel very disheartened by the current scarcity that I would like to see filled in the near future.

I would like to request that my peers offer their input as well, and other possible guild related concerns.

My own suggestion would be a member requirement of 5, as opposed to the daunting task of gathering 10.
Black Waltz

Money/Ryo : 241000

Character Profile
Ranks: Civilian
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild Requirements

Post by [√−1] on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:48 am

As per request, I'm adding input to this thread. Yes, it is astronomically difficult to start a Guild that has any hope of survival whatsoever. On the same hand, 5 people is just a tad too low of a requirement, given how much stuff a Guild can give its members on top of their usual gear.

IMO, if the staff agrees with the essence of the thread but not the compromise number, 7 would be an easier number to accept. If his numbers are even roughly correct, 5 is too low as you could attain a critical mass relatively quickly, while 10 is indeed too high. Maintaining a 7 member team that posts reliably and doesn't immediately go inactive is difficult, but not impossible.

It should be difficult, as there really shouldn't be more than two-ish guilds active at once considering the site is already divided by country, but it also shouldn't be virtually impossible to have a single guild running on a site of 40-ish members.
[√−1]

Money/Ryo : 29500

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha Cygni on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:53 am

I suppose six or seven would be reasonable. The latter, if we've been getting new members who actually make characters... but other than that, six is double the original group size, which might make it a sensible basis.

Profile | Abilities | Weapons | Miscellaneous
Theme Song: H8seed - Neverending Strife
Battle Theme: Eurobeat Brony - Discord (EuroChaos Mix)
"Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys. Chocolate rain!" -Pinkie Pie
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from SCIENCE!" -Agatha Heterodyne

Important notice: From now on, Deneb will personally bitch-slap anyone who uses any form of the term "other dimension" where it should be "other universe", because the former is wrong.
Alpha Cygni
Master of Calibrations
Master of Calibrations

Money/Ryo : 8225945

Character Profile
Ranks: Country Leader
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QoB on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:18 am

You know, I can't help but think that the whole guild thing is just a scheme for people to go on advertising rampages... then you can gather both, the people for your guild and the resources to actually afford to buy all the guild junk. xD

btw... since we're in the topic anyway... is there 20 people that wanna join my group? ... since you know... I can actually afford all the guild junk. I just need people so I... we... can have more weapons/techs. ;D

Character~*~Abilities~*~Weapons~*~Misc
Philosopher Fragments: 10
Battle Theme
QoB

Money/Ryo : 15066469

Character Profile
Ranks: Outlaw
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Waltz on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:11 am

Any other suggestions? While the topic is fresh, we should probably think of more improvements than just that.
Black Waltz

Money/Ryo : 241000

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by QoB on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:35 pm

well, as much as I would like to help, I've never seen the guild system work on any site ever. Even sites based on such a system.

but really there isn't much to improve on, mostly it depends on the people joining it. I mean, you could try making some kind of site plot to get your group involved. But site wide plots tend to not work very well. Specially here where most of the ones we've had end up in heated ooc arguments or people crying out in outrage at even the slightest mention of anything they don't like. xD

lastly, do note that the guild is essentially a secondary division of the population, the first being the countries, and basically functions in the same was as the countries. Which means in essence we already have 5 guilds.

Character~*~Abilities~*~Weapons~*~Misc
Philosopher Fragments: 10
Battle Theme
QoB

Money/Ryo : 15066469

Character Profile
Ranks: Outlaw
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content