» One Piece Pirate Nation
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:34 pm by Violet

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm by Guest

» Fragmented Worlds
Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:46 am by Guest

» Digital Link
Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:56 pm by Guest

» Noveltellus: Elemental Dragon Bonding, and More!
Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:24 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts
Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 am by Guest

» Will of the Flame
Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 pm by Guest

» Naruto:Secrets of the Hidden Village
Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:44 pm by Kotetsu

© Copyright
RPG Haven 2011-2013
Owner - Haven Admin

Creations, posts, ideas, and information from this site are copyrighted to their respective creators and owners. Content may not be taken or used without their permission. Violation of this rule is considered plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License
RPG Haven is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

RPGH Button:

Our Affiliates:
  Soul Eater RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic Break The Chains Custom/Canon DC/Marvel roleplay
image jpg 1072-280 YPRPG T-Rⁿ/MoE Photobucket Fairytail Serenety TheextensionsRP

Sun Baked Ground

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sun Baked Ground

Post by Lance on Sun May 26, 2013 3:24 am

Sitting on a bench on a random street corner in a random part of the country, Gyfriath relished the moments of coherent thought as they arrived. It was hard, sometimes, to reconcile the fact that for most of his day to day life he wasn't truly awake. Things happened while he was unconscious, things that most people would be horrified by but he had come to accept as par for the course. All he could do was try to work to make up for the episodes between them. Medication had been suggested, but there was the minor problem of being mechanical everywhere below the waist, and prone to becoming highly resistant to applications of medications after even a few moments of passivity.

He sat on the bench, a man, or at least someone who appeared to be a man in full plate mail, elbows on knees, pure white helm perched almost delicately on ornate silvered gauntlets, fingers resting on cheek plates and occasionally drumming back and forth. His gaze was fixed in the middle distance, head unmoving, as his unfocused eyes roamed very little. The drumming of his fingers was prompted from time to time by the passing of a person or animal through his field of view, or a particularly active thought, though no other movement of his body was discernible.

The sun was high in the sky, baking the pavement and everything around it including the buildings and to some extent the knight as well. If someone were to touch the metal plating that seemed to cover his entire body, they would find it significantly hotter than normal human skin would normally get, yet the man seemed unaffected, as if he was actually made of metal or lacked human nerves.

Perhaps this moment of tranquility would last, if he didn't pay particular attention to movements around him.

Last edited by Lance on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

"I am not Death. I am killing; I am the verb, I am the action, I am the performance. I am the movement that cuts the spine; I am the mass which pulps the brain. I am the headsnap ejecting consciousness into the air."
Spoiler:
The only relevant thread is Weapons if you want to fight.
Actually, if you don't read it, don't bother challenging me.
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Money/Ryo : 9000

Character Profile
Ranks: Guia
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sun Baked Ground

Post by Caelestis on Sun May 26, 2013 4:00 am

Caelestis' wings flapped gently in the wind as he hovered above the streets. How he found himself here--in the forge country--he had little clue, but all he knew was that his rather constant hankering for sweets had brought him here. Better here than Alteria, I suppose. He thought, remembering the last time somebody had offered him something sweet in Alteria. He shuddered for a second. In his childish, fit-of-chocoholicism, he took a chocolate cake from a guy who claimed to be a baker... Later that night, he ended up running naked through the streets, claiming there were monsters after him that shot rainbows out of their eyes. NEVER AGAIN! He vowed to himself.

While stuck in his grim memories, he didn't notice the street post coming up and crashed into it face-first, landing hard on the street. "Ow ow ow!" He cried out, rubbing his face. He looked around worriedly to see if anyone had seen his magnificent performance.. It didn't seem like anyone was around. Nobody except for a suit of armor sitting on a be- Wait... What? He picked himself off of the floor and dusted off his clothes. Curiously, he began to inch towards the armor. Surely there can't be anyone in there... It's burning-hot outside... He thought.

Caelestis continued to inch his way towards the armor on the bench. When he had gotten close, he poked it with his finger.. And then quickly removed it with a yelp of pain. "HOT!" He cried, sticking his burned finger in his mouth. "Please tell me there's nobody dead in there..." He said, carefully nudging the armor with his foot. How couldn't there be? Any normal person would have died of heat stroke by now.. Although, as evident by Caelestis himself, there are pretty abnormal people in this world.

*Why be sad when the world is a god damn* RAINBOW!

Caelestis' Theme/Battle Theme

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Money/Ryo : 410000

Character Profile
Ranks: Freelancer
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Creazione on Mon May 27, 2013 1:36 am

I was awakened by a loud crash just outside of my hiding spot. I had fallen asleep in the bushes a long time ago to escape this dreaded heat. “What’s going on out there!” I called crawling out from under the bush. Not that far away a… angel had crashed into a lamp post. And that’s not even a metaphor. It was a real living, if you could call something that had gone to heaven living, angel. The angel was curiously poking a suit of armor that was sitting on a bench. From his reaction after poking it the suit was hot enough to burn.
Creazione

Money/Ryo : 81000

Character Profile
Ranks: Civilian
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Mon May 27, 2013 2:29 am

The smell and sight of Forge's environment generally wasn't something so comforting to Chloë, as the fumes of pollution from various factories in the cities had a tendency to cause irritation in her sensitive nose, but this time it was a comfortable change from the pungent presence of cigarette smoke and alcohol that invaded her senses during her work at the little bar that she'd started working at. Of course, such a place wasn't her first choice of employment, especially if she wasn't actually receiving real compensation for her work, but she'd made a promise to repair the bar and work there until she'd repaid the bartender for the damages caused from a bar fight and her interference. Hands free, she clutched at the apron that she'd been wearing over her coat to protect it from the occasional liquids that splashed from dropped bottles and glasses, then slipped it off and placed it within her satchel.

Eyes still agitated from the aggravating conditions, she blinked somewhat vaguely at the city, feeling grateful that the bartender had allowed her to keep her hood on while she worked, as she didn't like the idea of being observed by such strange characters. She took in a few deep breaths and began to wander away from the shady alleyway, moving about so that she could keep to the sides of the buildings and keep the sun off of her coat so that she didn't overheat. A loud noise disturbed her from her comforting walk, and her eyes trailed away from their original placement to note a man who'd apparently hit a pole at a fast speed, and was now poking at a suit of armor on a bench.

Concerned when she heard about how hot the temperature the suit of armor was, she gently neared the vicinity, not wanting to be noted by the two particular characters, but willing to assist if someone was inside that armor, and they needed assistance. She couldn't tell, however, as the suit of armor was so still, and it had allowed the man to poke and nudge it; thinking it was impolite, Chloë wondered if she should ask the newcomer to stop poking, but she knew too little to make a valid assumption. For now, she allowed herself to approach close enough so that she could see the details on the armor and the other man's face a little better, but she remained silent just in case intruding would also seem rude.

Startled by another noise, the hybrid looked away from the two to see a bush moving. A man soon crawled out from under the bush, as he'd apparently fallen asleep under it, and the young girl could feel her stomach lurch as she feared that the man was another drunk that could have possibly visited the bar during her night shift. She didn't move away, but allowed her hand to firmly grasp her satchel as she started to consider vacating the area to prevent having to associate with a potential drunk. Opening her mouth, she mumbled a little out of surprise, though it was nearly a faint whisper, and she began to pull her hood down further over her face to comfort herself.

"...um."

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Money/Ryo : 6303604

Character Profile
Ranks: Wanderer
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Mon May 27, 2013 2:46 am

Click. Click. Click.

Nothing from the outside world succeeded in penetrating the fog within Gyfriath's head, until something yelped in close proximity immediately followed by a nudge to his calf. The voice prompted his fingers to begin drumming back and forth slowly, making a clicking noise against his cheek plates. The nudge caused a more drastic change as he continued to click for a few moments before his head swiveled to the side, leveling his gaze at the nearby being. His eyes were brown and visible through the small slit that made up the only hole in his whole ensemble.

"What is it?"

The question was directed at the man at his side who was presently nursing what appeared to be a burned digit. Somehow he'd managed to hurt himself in an environment where the worst harm that usually befell people was not having enough spare change for the newspaper stall on the corner. Nevertheless, hopefully he wouldn't do anything exceptionally stupid, or make more of the pain than he actually needed to. That might not go that well.

He was peripherally aware of others in the area, now that his meditative state had been disturbed, but none of them were particularly interesting or threatening to either his health or his mental state. They may become such soon, but they were not worth attention at the moment and thus his full attention was focused on the burned one to his side. His stare was almost a glare in its intensity, but not quite.

"I am not Death. I am killing; I am the verb, I am the action, I am the performance. I am the movement that cuts the spine; I am the mass which pulps the brain. I am the headsnap ejecting consciousness into the air."
Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Mon May 27, 2013 3:35 am

As Caelestis continued his assault of nudges on the suit of armor, he could have sword he had heard someone ask what was going on, but as of now he hadn't really payed attention to where the voice had come from. Right now, he was worried about if there were a person cooking inside of that armor. Maybe I should call for help... Caelestis thought. He looked around to see if anyone was near. There was a man who quite literally looked like he had just rolled out of a bush--probably wouldn't get much help from him, and then there was a girl in the distance, who had seemed to be watching Caelestis for a while.

"Hey... Uh.." He began. But then, there was moment from the armor, and then a voice! This prompted a rather... comical, reaction from Caelestis. He had fallen backwards, wings sprawled out on the floor, feathers being sent everywhere. "HOLY CRAP YOU'RE ALIVE!" Caelestis had said, faster than anyone should be allowed to say anything. He was almost hyperventilating from the shock. Normally, something like this wouldn't have phased him, but since he was in his chocoholic mood, he was acting rather childish.

Suddenly realizing how rude and annoying of him it must have been for him to be prodding at the armored man, he picked himself up from the floor--again--and began bowing in apology. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He had began to plead, "It's just... I t- I thought something had.. Had happened to you!" Quickly, he motioned to the woman who had been looking on and the man who had rolled out of the bush. "I was going to ask one of them for assistance, but.. You moved and..." he paused for a moment and sighed "...scared the soul out- HOW ARE YOU ALIVE, ANYWAY!?" The quick change of subject was brought upon by the burnt, pulsing finger, that he had all-too-quickly forgotten about. Naturally, he just had to know now, as curiosity had taken over.

Last edited by Caelestis on Mon May 27, 2013 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Creazione on Mon May 27, 2013 3:53 am

“Ok…” I muttered rolling out fully from under the bush. I stood up and spread my wings not caring if the people around me saw them, one of said people was an angel for peats sake. So lets do a recap here. Our current group of four consists of an angle, a dude in almost molten armor, a random girl, and a humanoid dragon. What is this world coming to. I did a quick check of my wings to make sure nothing was stuck to the membranes and they were relatively clean. I walked calmly over to the angel and offered up my hand to him so that I could help him up. “Nice you meet you, name’s Creazione.”
Creazione

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Mon May 27, 2013 4:19 am

As Chloë watched, her mouth opened further and further as she stared in semi-horror to see the other man making the situation worse by panicking when he realized that the person inside the suit of armor was perfectly fine despite the heated conditions, and not appearing to have any system for cooling down the body of the armor. Instinctively drawn closer when he began to barrage the person in a suit of armor with apologies, the hybrid walked to the suit of armor on the bench, pausing when he motioned towards her. When the other man seemed to be calmer, she began approaching again until she was just about four feet away from the other, her gloved hands raised as if she was preparing to defend herself. From what Chloë had observed so far, this person was somewhat excitable, and it would probably be best that she helped him move along and disturb the person in a suit of armor no longer.

"...uh-um, sir, you're -"

The man sighed, then suddenly began to shout again, his next question shocking her greatly. Her mouth now open so wide that the expression could be seen beneath the white hood that covered the majority of her face, the girl in the coat hoped the person in the suit of armor wouldn't have taken the comment as an insult. Raising her gloved hand further in the air and motioning as if she was tapping the excitable man from a distance, she gently confronted him on his mannerism.

"Sir, uh, I don't think it's exactly considered polite to ask that. I mean, I don't believe you should just ask people how they're alive, well, if that's okay with you. Oh, are you alright?"

Trying to be somewhat assertive, but kind at the same time, Chloë assured the other individual that his comment wasn't too polite, and she hoped that he'd understand. The man from under the bush had revealed himself to have wings and had introduced himself, to the man who she'd just spoken to; she found herself backing away as he approached, despite his demeanor now sounding much more friendly. Turning her attention to the suit of armor in the meanwhile, she stepped around the other two men, and neared the third individual with caution. Trying to see if there was anyone inside the suit of armor, the hybrid began to wonder if there would actually be a human inside, as most would be very uncomfortable at that point.

"...hello, are you alright? I'm sorry if we disturbed you."

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Mon May 27, 2013 4:37 am

Head turning once again in an attempt to dismiss the actions of the highly excitable man in white, Gyfraith caught sight of another person approaching slowly and cautiously, hands up as if to ward off a blow. Their hood was up, concealing their features, though the voice that came out from beneath the folds was feminine enough to support a guess as to the gender, despite the coat concealing just about everything else.

Having had quite enough of the theatrics of the man standing over him, he stood swiftly in a single motion, oiled joints making very little sound. At the same time, Gyfraith's helm folded back like a complex piece of origami, disappearing into recesses in the rest of the armor around his neck. This left his blonde head free to the elements, brown eyes now focused on the girl, mouth twisted into what could pass as a grim smile, as if concealing some information that would make the rest of them very unhappy indeed.

Hair ruffling in the small eddies of air created by the swift unfolding of his helm, he ignored the questions of the excitable fellow, instead putting his full attention on the calmer of the two, still peripherally aware of the other two winged beings in the vicinity -one of which he had yet to look at at all- but choosing to ignore them for both their own health and his.

"Greetings Miss. Apologies for the dramatics."

This was accompanied by a crisp gesture at the other two with one carefully oriented hand, head not turning towards them at all, his dismissive air clear in his attitudes.

"I have been known as Law, from time to time. May I have the pleasure of your name?"

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Mon May 27, 2013 3:42 pm

The girl from before had approached Caelestis and the mysterious man in the armor now, and had told him how she didn't think it polite for him to be asking such things. Even though she was rather soft-spoken, he had gotten her point, and felt rather embarrassed for it. "I know... I just... I know." Caelestis had replied sheepishly. He cursed his easily-changeable character traits, and wished that they could see him when he was his actual self, not a childish, chocoholic, who crashes into street posts, and jumps out of skin because a suit of armor had spoken. "Oh.. And I'm fine."

Meanwhile the other winged man had approached Caelestis and had offered his hand in greeting. Although not very interested in what he had to say at the moment, he took his hand and shook it, "I'm Caelestis, nice to meet you.." he replied rather halfheartedly; his attention still was on the man in the armor.

The man in the armor had risen to his feet and began to blatantly ignore Caelestis and... Creazione... Was it? And began to speak with the rather young-looking woman. "Something tells me we're being ignored..." Caelestis had whispered to Craezione.

Both falls he had taken before had ruffled the feathers on his wings, so he spread them to their fullest, 14 ft, wingspan, and the flapped them gently to straighten the feathers out. As for now, he had remained silent for the moment, trying to get a good look at the armored-man's features, but also looking at the rather elaborate armor he had been wearing. It was even better-looking than the one he had donned when he fully revealed his true form. I wonder if he's in the army... Or a mercenary perhaps? he thought. Caelestis would have to ask him... Later... perhaps, if he was willing to forgive him for his rather... Childish display of concern.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Creazione on Mon May 27, 2013 7:04 pm

“And I agree.” I whispered back to the angel. To tell the truth the man in the suit was starting to get on my nerves. I studied the armor as, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the angel straighten out his wings. From the looks of it the man was either part of the military or some mercenary group. Maybe I would ask him latter. I decided to sit down on the bench which the armored man had been sitting at.
Creazione

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Mon May 27, 2013 8:52 pm

The first winged man had started to calm down, which brought a faint smile to Chloë's lips (the change would be visible, as the lower portion of her face is not covered by the hood), and she seemed to calm down when he had said that he was fine, so she wouldn't have to be concerned about any serious injuries or painful wounds. Suddenly, the man in armor stood and moved swiftly to her, hardly making a sound as he did so which seemed peculiar to her as she thought it'd have made a large grinding noise of metal against metal in certain locations. His helmet moved away from his face almost as rapidly as he'd walked towards her, making just as little sound as the rest of his body, revealing blonde hair and brown eyes to the shocked hybrid.

Not entirely certain how to respond to the armored man after he apologized and introduced himself with such a polite mannerism despite clearly ignoring the other two men, Chloë froze in place for a moment, trying to make sense of what just happened. She continued to smile, doing her best to appear friendly as usual, and the other two men's hushed conversation echoed in the back of her mind while she felt somewhat bad that her voice had gotten stuck in her throat due to nervousness. Realizing that it would be quite rude to be silent any longer, she forced a squeak from her mouth, and then managed to introduce herself as nicely as possible without stuttering or squeaking a second time.

"Oh, oh, you're fine. It's a pleasure to meet you, Law. My name... my name's Chloë - I'm a little new here. H-how do you do?"

Generally, the girl was far too timid to willingly reveal something that might lead to identification, though after time, she realized that it was somewhat futile. Very few really knew her, and those that did by now would recognize her quickly due to the over sized white coat and hood, rather than her facial features and name. Feeling a bit sheepish about the situation, she gingerly lifted her hood over her face and looked at the armored man, allowing the hood to cover the back of her head, displaying her blue eyes and other recently hidden facial features along with the nervous expression that had consumed her face. She blinked a few times from the difference the light's impact had on her eyes, but felt a little more comfortable now that the cloth was no longer resting on her face.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Tue May 28, 2013 3:28 am

She had a cute mouth, and after her hood came most of the way off, her eyes were a nice blue as well. His grim smile, while not softening, seemed to gather an additional element of pleasure that might or might not shine through the grimness once in a while. The silence she left as she stared at him wasn't disturbing, it gave him a chance to subtly preen and grin inside as she squeaked. It had been a long time since he'd provoked that sort of reaction in a woman, high society types usually had thicker armor against these kinds of assaults.

"Greetings Chloe" he said, testing her name out on his tongue. "I am doing quite well, now." Let there be no doubt what that means. Despite his slightly happier disposition, it only lasted a few seconds into their greetings before storm clouds began to gather, or so it seemed, in Gyfraith's head. His brow wrinkled, and his eyes, while still focused on the girl, became troubled.

"I must apologize," he directed at her. "We may have a problem shortly, despite how pleasant this is, at the moment." And at the group in general, despite how he'd completely ignored them up until now, "have any of you ever heard of someone named Gyfraith?" If they had, this would be simple enough. If not, they might have a problem depending on how fast he could run, and whether they followed. The other two were unimportant, and if the girl hadn't been here he'd have gone back to sit on his bench and hope the two left, but since she was and her legs didn't look strong enough to carry her out of range in time, it would be up to him.

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Tue May 28, 2013 2:26 pm

As the armored man, Law, spoke to the woman, Chloë, Caelestis had still held his tongue from asking any questions. He remained there, silent, occasionally glancing at the other guy, Creazione, and giving a slight shrug. He had no idea how to handle this right now, but he hated being ignored.

His wings still continued to flap, although right now he was doing it rather unconsciously... The breeze felt nice in this hot weather. He listened to the man when he said that they may have a problem shortly. It sort of caused his internal defense mechanism to kick in. He was now fully attentive, his wings folded behind his back quickly. Now Law had been talking to them as a group- instead of just speaking to Chloë.

He asked if they had ever heard of someone named Gryfraith... Caelestis took time to think for a moment... The name was almost familiar- he probably heard it once while walking through the streets of Alteria. But, as of now, it held little importance to him, so he really didn't know. He looked at Creazione and then Chloë, and gave them a shrug that said "Hell if I know".

Caelestis opened his mouth to speak, but instead of what he wanted to say coming out, he ended up saying: "I'm... not sure that I have..." He cursed himself for being the one to say it.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Creazione on Wed May 29, 2013 1:43 am

“I cant say that I have heard of him either.” I stated wondering what the armored man was talking about. If we needed to get out of here quickly I parked my bike just on the other side of the bushes before I took a nap so I could always make a dash for that. I partly worried about how the man seemed almost scared. Considering that he looked like a walking tank the fact that he can even get scared frightens me. “Do you mind telling us what he is?” I asked trying to get more information about the situation.
Creazione

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Wed May 29, 2013 4:38 am

"That - that's good."

Her response to his statement on how he was doing well was hardly over a whisper, especially after she'd noted how his brows had furrowed. Eyes widening when he apologized for a second time, Chloë took a step towards the man who'd introduced himself as Law, a look of concern clear on her face as she hoped to gather information from the man on how she could assist. Pondering to herself, she tried to recall the name as best as possible, now feeling extremely guilty for neglecting to read Forge's news and avoiding the country as a whole. Frowning and feeling disappointed, she slowly shook her head back and forth; the fact that the locals weren't aware of the name either didn't comfort her much, as she took pride in knowing more about local information in most areas than the actual people native to the area.

"I'm sorry, Mister Law. I don't believe I have, or I've forgotten. How foolish and irresponsible of me..."

Biting her lip, she glanced about as if she was hoping to find a spot where the name would be written down for her to read and learn about, but to no avail. Feeling nervous as the other two questioned Law, Chloë began to finger the strap of her satchel in a patterned rhythm to keep her mind steady. She looked back up to the man's face, eyes wide again with curiosity when the second angel inquired as to whether Law could inform the small group of the weight behind the name. In all honesty, she was just as curious if not more about the man in armor, as she had a feeling in her gut that made her think that he was keeping some kind of a bothersome secret - or many secrets. Not to mention, the suit of armor design was far outdated, or at least she'd assumed, though the thought crossed her mind a few times that it was possible that the man before her was an advanced form of artificial intelligence instead of a person upholding some kind of ancient tradition.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Wed May 29, 2013 11:13 pm

He held out his hand, carefully flat, palm towards her to stop her forward motion as he answered the three of them as a group, aloud, his frown becoming more and more pronounced the longer he stood there.

"Gyfraith is another name for the retired leader of this country, the one that retired by pinning his secretary to the wall with a table leg through the gut. He is a psychotic machine, capable of killing all three of you with minimal effort." Now, directly to the two winged beings, he took charge of the conversation, asking "Can either of you use those wings you've been extravagantly flapping about?" And to the girl, more gently "Do you have a way of leaving quickly, or are you limited to walking or running?"

He made an apologetic expression at the last to Chloe before his helm folded back out, once again covering his face. This time however, it was not white, but black as pitch. That blackness almost seemed to seep out of the joints where the helmet met the armor and taint the entire thing with creeping darkness, twisting previously elegant forms into twisted, dirty caricatures of the originals.

His voice, sounding much more mechanical than moments before, issued from the closed face of the helm. "My name is Lance Gyfraith. Any questions, before they become abruptly pointless?"

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Thu May 30, 2013 12:08 am

Caelestis' body tensed as he listened to Law's explanation about the man he referred to as "Gyfraith". How could a leader of a country do something so gruesome? He thought, he features visibly darkened. Caelestis was alerted when Law had added that Gyfraith would be able to kill the three of them with little effort. The THREE of them. How irritating. Did Law not include himself because he thought himself stronger than the rest? Caelestis hated the fact that the man thought himself so strong. It wasn't fair for him to think such things- he barely even knew Caelestis! And there would be no way in heaven or hell that he would go down without a fight. For now, however, he continued to listen.

"Of course I am able to use my wings..." Caelestis replied, though not really knowing the point of the question.

Law's rather heightened sense of anxiety was starting to worry Caelestis. His fingers tapped the rings of his kunai rather anxiously, and he was ready to draw them at any moment. His worry reached it's peak when he had heard Law ask Chloë if she had any possible way to leave quickly before running. In the worst-case scenario, Caelestis would carry her into the skies if he had to.

But why was he making such a big deal out of this? If this man, Gyfraith, was so infamous, wouldn't there be some sign of him approaching? And if Law deemed himself strong enough not to be among the ones who WOULDN'T be killed by the man, why couldn't they all combine their forces to defeat Gyfraith?

Caelestis' internal questions had all been answered when "Law" had spoken after donning a pitch-black helmet.

His mechanical voice rang through Caelestis' ears and sent a cold chill through his entire being.

"My name is Lance Gyfraith..."

That's all Caelestis had to hear. He now knew the severity of the situation. His body tensed, but he still managed to move himself. He now stood by Chloë, a hand placed on her forearm and a worried look in his eyes. He was ready to get her out of there, far away from the man who had once called himself Law.

"Why warn us about yourself, if you're already here?" Caelestis asked, his eyes now focused on the pitch-black helmet of Gyfraith's.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Creazione on Thu May 30, 2013 11:47 pm

I got to admit I was surprised when the man announced that not only was he an insane madman but he had enough power to kill us all. I had a question but first I took slight flight just in case I needed to get away quickly which what a high likelyhood. “Why would you want to kill us? Of course you could want to kill something but wouldn’t it be better use to kill someone who has done something that would make it a good choice to kill them rather than people who have done nothing wrong?” I asked making sure I had an easy way to rush to my bike and, if needed, grab the girl who didn’t have a way to run.
Creazione

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Fri May 31, 2013 4:45 am

Stopping gently in her tracks when Law motioned for her not to move any closer, Chloë tried to pry what his concern was from him with her eyes. As he began to explain who Gyfraith was, the still present look of concern on her face grew into dread. Biting her lips when he described the crazed leader's course of actions that led to the brutal death of his secretary, her eyes flashed back and forth as she wondered if this man was possibly searching for this criminal and had intentions to bring him to justice. She looked at both of the winged characters when he asked about whether or not they were simply for display, and then back to Law when he asked her if she had a fast mode of transportation. Nodding softly, she found herself at a loss for explanation on how such a thing worked, but she had no intention of disappointing the armored man.

"Oh, why yes. I'm a tad rusty, but my limit has been clocked at just a little over 90 kilometers per hour! I'd like to know why I'm supposedly going to need that, though, as you -"

Chloë's voice faded as she saw him make such a sad face her direction, and she would have tried to comfort him if he hadn't suddenly had a complete change in demeanor. Her parents had done well to teach her not to judge based on colors, or appearance, so the sudden change in armor mostly caused her to be surprised and confused. However, he suddenly revealed himself to be the murder he spoke of, and she could now tell why he'd asked various questions about how well they could run - or at least she had a feeling. Unlike the others, she didn't ask any questions; she was instead looking for authorities to possibly quell the situation or keep the local civilians protected.

Noting that both of the winged men had moved in a manner that suggested that they'd attempt to protect her if the armored man attacked, Chloë realized that this mysterious man in armor may prove to be especially deadly if she gave the other two any reasons to stay and help her. She began backing away, wondering if this man possibly had two personalities shoved in there, as the more polite side seemed to be completely different altogether from the new man standing before them. Eyes darting back and forth, she realized that both of the men had began to ask questions and just stand there, while Gyfraith seemed to have intentionally taunted them to do so. She didn't like the feeling in the slightest, and wished they'd just run like cowards to protect their own lives. From what little she'd seen about those strong enough to reach the country leader position, they were devastatingly powerful, and a single swipe from one of those metal arms could leave the group unconscious and helpless to whatever designs he had in mind.

"We... should probably go now. Right now. Go. Different directions. Run. Try to get the police. He can't run after everyone... I hope."

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Fri May 31, 2013 5:07 am

"You don't get it do you? Run. Now."

His body was visibly becoming wound tighter an tighter, his hands, once open palmed and relaxed, now curled in on themselves, clenching tightly in such a way that would probably draw blood, had his hands been mere flesh. Slowly, as he stood in silence other than that small outburst, one of his shoulder plates unfolded and began to restructure itself upward, constructing some precarious structure on top of his shoulder as the plate resealed itself behind. As he spoke again, the structure began to look more and more like a conventional minigun on a flexible, rotary arm.

"Chloe, dear girl. That is too slow."

No gestures accompanied his words, as his hand came to rest on something that looked vaguely like the hilt of a sword for a moment, before the small object apparently dissolved into his hip. His clenched hands began to redden and drip some red substance, like blood but more viscous, slipping from between his fingers to hit the concrete in globs, hissing like acid. The spikes that before now had been small, merely unpleasant looking on his fingers began to grow to look more and more like the cruel claws of some primeval predator, and his posture itself began to mirror that impression, center of gravity sinking toward the ground, knees bending, head turning to fix the winged ones with a glare, followed by a broken apology and an audible hiss.

"Sorry..."

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Fri May 31, 2013 5:43 am

Caelestis didn't have to be told twice. He had already begun backing away from the threatening armored man. Although he wasn't too keen on leaving Chloe behind, he seemed to not have a choice. She was rather correct about Gyfraith not being able to go after all of them at the same time... hopefully. He wanted to fight... He wanted to protect the two, innocent, bystanders, that he himself had managed to drag into this mess with his little display of comedic immaturity before. But there was something inside of him, some strong, incessant, voice that was telling him to run, and his limbs seemed to obey this voice.

"Shit" He spat underneath his breath.

He watched on with fear as Lance's armor had began to change even more, now bringing forth weaponry that looked rather dangerous. He forcibly ripped his gaze away from him and continued to retreat.

"No time to be afraid! Just RUN!" Caelestis had warned, he had already managed to put a bit of a distance between himself and Lance, however, he knew it wouldn't be enough.

Caelestis sent a pulse of magic to his legs and feet and then kicked off the the ground. He had uses his skill, Exitiosae Incitus [Murderous Dash], to quickly jump 20 feet into the air, and then used his wings to carry himself up even further. He hesitated for a slight moment, pondering on whether or not he should stay and at least distract lance momentarily for the other two to get away... Biting his lower lip, his hands hovered over the rings of his kunai for a slight moment, but he shook his head. Losing his life right now wouldn't be the answer.

"Be safe..." He said hesitantly to Creazione and Chloe. "...I'm sorry..." Caelestis added, sounding rather broken as he said it.

He quickly flew off to the north.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Creazione on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:58 am

“Well I’m gone.” I said flying as fast as I could away. No I was not leaving the girl behind I just had a plan. Once I was high enough that I judged the possible bullets from the minigun looking object wouldn’t be able to hit me, if It was in fact a gun in the first place that is, I pulled out my gun blades from the inside of my cloak and made them open up and extend to their full length. I aimed them both at the ground near the man and fired a single shot from each and started charging one shot up for later. Through my calculations I graphed their trajectory to hit the ground right behind the man. My goal was not to harm him but instead distract him so that the girl could get away safely.
Creazione

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:30 am

Hearing the words coming from the armored man, Chloë realized now that her life wasn't just in imminent danger, but that Law was suffering from some kind of horrible curse - she couldn't be certain what exactly it was, but he didn't seem happy about the transition in the slightest. The first winged man had taken off in a mad flurry, his apology and wish for their safety barely passed along over the wind before his form began to shrink into the sky at a rapid rate. The second seemed to run away as well, but turned back and began firing a volley of weaponry at the armored man. To a certain degree, she wondered what kind of nerve the second flying man had to actually fire at what she believed to be some kind of a death machine.

Now that the other two were in the air, and seemed to be interested in fleeing, Chloë felt a little less terrified about her actions deciding whether or not they would survive the encounter. Instead, she had to worry for those that wandered the streets nearby, who'd taken little notice of the odd group (mostly because Forge was strange enough as it was even without their presence). The shots that hit the ground behind Lance made Chloë jump a little, as they came far too close to her for her own comfort. Debris suddenly showered around her as the bench exploded from the shots, and her arms moved about her cloaked body to protect itself. The armored man seemed to stumble towards her, and fear began to build in her gut.

Her mind fought with itself over morals; the saddened face of the man had made her wonder if he didn't exactly intend what he was about to do next, which made it difficult for her to actually consider fighting back at this point. She held her arms up, both palms facing Lance in a manner that looked like she was gesturing for him to stop, despite her concern that the explosion behind him may have forced him to move forward. Having heard him admit that he was some kind of crazed killer and seeing such an ominous transformation left her too jaded to simply chalk everything up to coincidence like she used to.

"I don't really know who you are, or why you're doing this. All I know is that like you, I'm sorry too. I wish we could have met under better circumstances..."

Not willing to wait any longer or risk being attacked for having been the last to flee, she launched her own technique, trying to hurl the man from his place with what looked like some kind of invisible explosion, hopefully knocking him backwards so that she would be more likely to escape. The force she created sent her flying in the opposite direction even faster than Lance thanks to him being far heavier than she, and she struggled to not crash into different buildings as they whipped by at what she believed to be a nearly unbearable speed. Taking a wrong turn, she accidentally collided head on through a glass window and smashed into what appeared to be a little fashion store. Silence soon followed after the noise, and the locals began to run about trying to find out what happened.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:55 am

The two airborne targets became so in short order, leaving just the juicy body of the smallest of the three to his claws. The target was small, yes, but did not have wings. Wings meant hollow, which meant bad for eating. The minigun swiveled up to follow the progress of the nearer of the two, independent of Gyfriath's own gaze, which remained focused on the juicy tidbit in front of him. That remained the case until, rather unexpectedly, as the gun failed to warn him, two explosive impacts went off immediately behind him, blowing the bench he had been seated on into toothpicks. This sent him forward two or three stumbling steps, and his gaze disconnected from her with a snap as he regained his balance.

His gaze just about to rise to the skies to where the shots had come from, he found himself slammed back against the wall where the bench had so recently rested, feeling like some massive hand had punched him backwards. His gaze snapped to the forward position in time to see the swift departure of the meat in an uncontrollable fashion. It departed at such speed it was more efficient to pay attention to the flyers, and he lost interest in her shortly before she crashed through a building, which, if he was still paying attention, would sign her death warrant.

The one above him was still hovering just out of reach, while the other was rapidly departing the area. The other was dismissed as irrelevant. The two impacts that had decimated the park bench were carefully weighed and measured internally, and also dismissed as irrelevant. They did no damage.

Turning, pose shifting to an upright one, Gyfraith leapt up the side of the building, digging claws deep within the concrete, it putty in his hands, until he hauled himself to the roof. While he did so, his minigun had been shooting short bursts at the hostile avian.

Time to hunt the meaty one, while the other two remained irrelevant. His gaze began to swivel, searching in an arc near the path she had used to depart, and he began to travel across the rooftops in that direction.

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile