» One Piece Pirate Nation
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:34 pm by Violet

» ZapdosZulu, pokemon RP
Wed May 13, 2015 6:15 pm by Guest

» Fragmented Worlds
Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:46 am by Guest

» Digital Link
Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:56 pm by Guest

» Noveltellus: Elemental Dragon Bonding, and More!
Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:24 am by Guest

» Mirage Hearts
Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:16 am by Guest

» Will of the Flame
Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:40 pm by Guest

» Naruto:Secrets of the Hidden Village
Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:44 pm by Kotetsu

© Copyright
RPG Haven 2011-2013
Owner - Haven Admin

Creations, posts, ideas, and information from this site are copyrighted to their respective creators and owners. Content may not be taken or used without their permission. Violation of this rule is considered plagiarism.
© All Rights Reserved.

Creative Commons License
RPG Haven is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

RPGH Button:

Our Affiliates:
  Soul Eater RP Image and video hosting by TinyPic Break The Chains Custom/Canon DC/Marvel roleplay
image jpg 1072-280 YPRPG T-Rⁿ/MoE Photobucket Fairytail Serenety TheextensionsRP

Sun Baked Ground

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sun Baked Ground

Post by Lance on Sun May 26, 2013 3:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Sitting on a bench on a random street corner in a random part of the country, Gyfriath relished the moments of coherent thought as they arrived. It was hard, sometimes, to reconcile the fact that for most of his day to day life he wasn't truly awake. Things happened while he was unconscious, things that most people would be horrified by but he had come to accept as par for the course. All he could do was try to work to make up for the episodes between them. Medication had been suggested, but there was the minor problem of being mechanical everywhere below the waist, and prone to becoming highly resistant to applications of medications after even a few moments of passivity.

He sat on the bench, a man, or at least someone who appeared to be a man in full plate mail, elbows on knees, pure white helm perched almost delicately on ornate silvered gauntlets, fingers resting on cheek plates and occasionally drumming back and forth. His gaze was fixed in the middle distance, head unmoving, as his unfocused eyes roamed very little. The drumming of his fingers was prompted from time to time by the passing of a person or animal through his field of view, or a particularly active thought, though no other movement of his body was discernible.

The sun was high in the sky, baking the pavement and everything around it including the buildings and to some extent the knight as well. If someone were to touch the metal plating that seemed to cover his entire body, they would find it significantly hotter than normal human skin would normally get, yet the man seemed unaffected, as if he was actually made of metal or lacked human nerves.

Perhaps this moment of tranquility would last, if he didn't pay particular attention to movements around him.

Last edited by Lance on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

"I am not Death. I am killing; I am the verb, I am the action, I am the performance. I am the movement that cuts the spine; I am the mass which pulps the brain. I am the headsnap ejecting consciousness into the air."
Spoiler:
The only relevant thread is Weapons if you want to fight.
Actually, if you don't read it, don't bother challenging me.
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Money/Ryo : 9000

Character Profile
Ranks: Guia
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sun Baked Ground

Post by Caelestis on Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:37 am

Caelestis soared through the air quickly to get himself far, far, away from Gyfraith as possible. By the looks of things, however, the armored man was not after him. He sighed in relief and slowed down his flying speed, now coming to a causal coast along the winds.

He couldn't help it, but on his mind right now were Creazione and Chloe. He hoped they had managed to escape from the psychopath. He bit his lower lip gently as a wave of guilt had began to wash over him once again. Maybe there was someone he could go to for help? There had to be SOMEONE. But was there time to? For all he knew, Chloe and Creazione could be dead by now, or seriously injured.

He heard what sounded like gunshots off in the distance and his memory flashed back to Gyfraith's gattling gun. Not good. He thought, his face full of worry. He has ceased flying now, his mind torn between self-preservation and the protection of innocents. He knew he stood no chance against Gyfraith at his current level of power - nor did he know if he ever would be able to, but he had to do something.

Donning his celestial armor, he flew back into the direction of the homicidal madman. He kept himself high in the sky, in order to make it harder for him to spot. Although he didn't know what he would find when he got back, he hoped he wouldn't find anyone dead.

*Why be sad when the world is a god damn* RAINBOW!

Caelestis' Theme/Battle Theme

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Money/Ryo : 410000

Character Profile
Ranks: Freelancer
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Creazione on Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:17 pm

While I knew it wasn’t the right time I almost felt like laughing at the fact that I only needed to back away a little farther and the bullets lost so much momentum that they fell away to the ground long before hitting me. Gaining a more serious tone I took aim with my gun blades once more. This time I aimed more for the armored man than before. I fired a larger more powerful beam from my cannon followed by two more separate shots in quick succession. Hopefully I would be able to buy enough time for the girl to get away safely. If not I could at least say that I tried. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the winged man from before flying back.
Creazione

Money/Ryo : 81000

Character Profile
Ranks: Civilian
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:47 am

In the state she was in, Chloë could barely hear the sounds of glass shattering and people yelling at her for her sudden and unexpected intrusion in the little fashion store. Her body hung limply over two coat racks that'd managed to stop her crash after her body slammed through the little window. In her daze, she could vaguely remember that she and others were in danger, and that she had to escape before the armored man caught up with her and proved once and for all that he was a cold hearted murderer. She felt ashamed that she took a wrong turn at such a high speed, as by now she thought she knew this part of the city well enough not to miserably crash when she needed to evacuate, but the girl forgot to account for the fact that some of Forge's buildings didn't exactly require to be stationary to function. Opening her eyes slowly, she resisted passing out from the headache that consumed her brain as a result of the high speed impact.

"Girl, what on earth were you thinking! This is a disaster! You could have killed someone! You freak! You madwoman!"

A horrified shopkeeper began to shriek at the half conscious hybrid, and she weakly turned her head to greet the startled man. Chloë felt saddened that she'd caused such an issue, and meekly pushed herself from the ground and layers of clothing and glass. The man continued to sputter remarks and insults until he noted the blood seeping from around her body, and he rushed into the back where she figured that he was calling the cops. She didn't blame him, and managed to mutter a weak thanks in reply to his actions, as at least this would accomplish one of her goals. Finally, she managed to push herself back to the window that she'd fallen through, trying to see if the armored man had followed her. She quickly retreated when she saw what appeared to be a dark figure moving along the tops of the roof, and tried to convince the other shopkeepers who'd frozen in fear that it was time to escape through the back door. It wasn't difficult, as they quickly ran, though she found that moving her own body away was painful and exhausting. Surrendering to her head wound, she leaned on one of the shop counters, hoping to catch her breath before whatever was chasing her had found her.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Money/Ryo : 6303604

Character Profile
Ranks: Wanderer
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:18 am

The avian continued to hover just out of reach of bullets, so his gun stopped shooting after several exploratory bursts to conserve ammunition. The airborne target also continued to return fire, yet his shots were equally ineffective in terms of velocity, ignorable. It was hard to take bullets seriously over a mile of range. The minigun continued to track his motions even as the predator tracked across the rooftops, focused on the path it knew the woman had taken. There was not yet a wreckage to give away her landing location, or any flashes of significant amounts white clothing to give away her actual location.

He hurled himself effortlessly off the first rooftop to the second, landing with a crunch that left significant footprints in the shingle, his weight too significant for the roofing to handle without buckling. His breath was even, unmoved by significant physical activity, slamming back-first into a wall, or having chunks of rock and bullets hurled at him at speed. His armor was slightly scuffed, but it was not enough to physically hamper his movement, or even look bad in any notable way.

"I am not Death. I am killing; I am the verb, I am the action, I am the performance. I am the movement that cuts the spine; I am the mass which pulps the brain. I am the headsnap ejecting consciousness into the air."
Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Caelestis flew back to the area with great haste, and what he had witnessed had put his stomach in knots. The guy with the dragon wings--Creazione, or whatever-had been firing shots at Gyfraith. What!? Caelestis wondered if Creazione had a death wish.

Luckily, the armored man had seemed to be rather unfazed by the shots, and had continued running after something. Caelestis took a single kunai from its holster and tossed it at Creazione, making sure it hit his gun harmlessly. It ricocheted off of the gun and towards the ground.

"Are you a moron!?" Caelestis snapped.

"What were you thinking fighting him!? The point was to run!"

He didn't see Chloe anywhere and assumed she had gotten away safely. Breathing a short sigh of relief, he flew down low to the ground and picked up his kunai which was embedded in some tree.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:32 am

Leaning against the same counter, Chloë's body hung just a little less limp than before over the edge while she recovered, her breath still somewhat weak. Lifting her head to observe the damages she caused, her eyes welled up with tears as she realized that she now had to repay not one, but two small businesses for incidents she was at fault for. The hybrid didn't know how much longer she could last attempting to cover the debt she already had; this was going to take some careful thinking, and she didn't know whether or not Forge's authorities would punish her for her actions, as she'd kept a spotless record in the past. There'd be no way to tell if they'd accept that she was running for her life until she actually spoke with the officials.

Deciding that she'd unfortunately have to pick a less obvious place to hide, the hybrid shuffled over to one of the clothing racks, hoping to disguise herself so that she could escape with her life intact. In time, she planned to return later so that she could make amends, but that would have to wait until after she no longer had a possibly cannibalistic knight on her trail. Wrapping her wounds first, Chloë took special care to stop the bleeding on her head and body so that she didn't continue to ruin her vision and stain her coat with the small trails of liquid. Once done, she quickly wrapped her body with a few of the darker clothing articles in hopes of disguising herself well enough so that if the man had caught up, she'd pass by unnoticed.

Now with an oddly fluffy hat accompanying her hood, and what looked like a long shawl and scarf covering the top part of her torso, she managed to march out of the back door. The girl felt far too close to an idiot playing dress up who'd decided the costume was good enough to go outside in, and the white from the bottom of her coat made the darker colors on her body look ridiculous. Of course, those who'd actually bothered to remain in the streets were the only ones left to judge her, since the majority had run inside after hearing about the incident - people weren't fond of being involved with situations that called the police. Pausing, she thought she heard something moving above her, and she tried not to appear to panic as she continued her steady walk again, fighting the urge to cave in to the drumming of the heartbeat that seemed to invade her brain.
Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:24 pm

There. A broken window. A shattered, destroyed pane. Gyfraith dropped from the rooftop he had been on, landing outside the shop with a glass crunch, crushing some of the debris that had blown outward, where the majority blew inward from the impact of something small but fast. He followed the path the object or person had gone, through the window instead of through the door. There was some unpleasant squeaking noises from meat inside the shop as he scanned for the telltale white, yet found nothing but slight bloodstains. It had been here, but did not appear to be here any longer.

If he was capable of anger, this is the point at which he would become such. Tracking was not one of his strong attributes, and he turned toward the meat that was making such unpleasant sounds, holding what looked like a phone, shrieking both into it and at him simultaneously. It was a simple matter to remove the offending object from the meat's grip, for the meat was nowhere near as physically imposing as it would take to resist. Taking the hand doing the gripping was both a satisfying way to scent the air with blood and iron, and to silence the annoying sounds coming from the now furiously working yet utterly silent mouth. The embrace that came afterward stretched the tendons in the meats mouth to the extreme, a silent scream issuing from it that was very satisfying as his fingers found slippery purchase on their prize. The lifeless body slumped to the ground as Gyfraith stood tall in the shop, black armor now soaked in red, it dripping from the front of his helmet all the way down to his knees and slowly creeping lower. In one clenched hand was a swiftly faltering red object, coated in more of the red, beats slowing to a stop.

He dropped it carelessly on the ground, satisfied with the conclusion, ignoring the fainter screams coming from outside the shop, of witnesses to his visceral moment of joy. It was time to move again, to find that sweet, sweet meat that had so far escaped him. Gyfraith had yet to utter a sound.

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:58 pm

The temporary silence that had befallen the area, managed to give Caelestis a slight sense of comfort. Things could have easily gotten out of hand before with that madman running about. Although, he couldn't help but wonder why he had run away so suddenly. Caelestis looked back up to the rooftops to see if he could catch a glimpse of the armored man. Nothing. He was probably long-gone anyway. But the woman from before... Where had she gone?

Screams. The sound of terror. Caelestis knew this sound all too well. The screams came off from the distance, but they did not seem too far away. Taking to the sky, Caelestis scanned the area for the location of the terrified humans. He could see a few running away like scared children - they probably had a good reason, too.

Flying into the direction they were running from, he had found where the screams had originated from. There was a shop--a clothing store of sorts-with a broken window. Glass was everywhere, but that wasn't the issue. The unmistakable smell of blood hung heavy in the air; the wet, coppery, smell had stuck itself in the back of Caelestis' throat.

Though scared at what he might find on the inside, he landed on the ground, glass crunching under his feet. He wondered who could have made such a mess, but the answer was somewhat obvious.

There was a squish. Caelestis had stepped into something wet and sticky... And there was a lot of it. He looked down, eyes widening at the rather gruesome scene at his feet. His heart skipped a beat--not in fear, but in sadness. He looked around, but the murderer was gone. Though he wasn't fond of humans, such a loss was not acceptable to him. For one to be taken before their time... It just wasn't right.

Caelestis leaned over what had remained of the corpse and said a prayer for it's soul to have a successful trip to the heavens. He left the area and took to the skies once more, hoping to find where the madman had been heading so he could help minimize his trail of destruction.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:13 am

As she moved about through the now empty streets, Chloë began to wonder if she'd possibly been able to outrun the man that she was so afraid of. She hadn't heard much, or really seen much of the man, and while she jumped every time something from the rooftops or behind her moved, nothing so far hinted at the presence of that black knight. Trying to calm down, she softened her pace and tried looking for where her own apartment was from here; if she could get back to her temporary home, she would be able to better tend to those wounds and possibly shut out whatever fearsome madness lie on the other side of the door. Little did the hybrid know, she hadn't even seen the worst of what was coming.

Turning back to gaze at what was behind her when she thought she heard sounds of whimpering and people crying out, Chloë tried to peer past the people that'd begun running away from the area. Her face turned into a look of fear and dread when she realized what was causing the secondary burst of confusion and panic; she hadn't outrun the mad knight after all, as it seemed that he'd instead managed to follow tirelessly, and the body of armor was now dripping with blood. The sight made her want to fall into a state of panic as well, as her legs wanted to give in and collapse, while her arms rested limp at her sides. Tears began to stream down her face as she realized that he'd probably found where she'd crashed, and that she could have possibly prevented the loss of another's life had she stayed and forced everyone to evacuate before she abandoned the area.

"...why? Why would you do that?"

Her body felt like it was trying to determine whether or not to go completely stiff, or melt like butter in the hot climate, and she found it too difficult to move away. With her voice barely over a hoarse whisper, she wasn't sure if the man had heard her, and at this point, she hardly cared. The hybrid didn't know if she'd manage to be able to retaliate out of rage and disgust, or if this moment here would be where she'd die along with the man she'd left behind in the shop. Attempting to allow adrenaline to override her frozen state, Chloë thrust an arm forward, pointing a thin, gloved finger at the man who'd followed her, and uttered a loud warning - it was really the only thing she could do at this point to encourage people to run away regardless of her own appearances and credibility. The sight of blood all over the man in armor had to be enough to at least concern the people that had remained.

"Run! Run away! That man is a monster, and murderer! Please, RUN!"

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:43 am

The white was not immediately obvious in the street, just beyond the door he had strode through without regard for the people scattering from his path. His fists were clenched in some semblance of human frustration while his head scanned back and forth, his weakness from early in the confrontation coming to the fore once again as he completely disregarded the shop he had just left, dismissing it from his mind, ignoring the fact that potential threats could emerge at any moment.

At some point in his walk through the shop, his gun had folded itself away, and now his sole claim to violence were the vicious spikes in his hands and other parts of his armor, requiring close and personal embraces to be truly devastating. His scanning completely disregarded noises coming from the various bits of meat in the street, the vast majority fleeing from his presence in either straight lines or weaving in the mistaken assumption that he cared enough to chase them, and the mistaken assumption that their weaving would help if he did.

His gaze snagged on one figure, however, that was not fleeing. Instead, it was pointing at him with one finger, its mouth moving in what appeared to be communications of some kind, rather than mindless screeches like most everyone else was making.

His body still dripping blood and other fluids carelessly onto the ground, his head cocked to one side, almost curiously. It was as if whatever was inside the helm was inquisitive. What was the meat doing? It seemed almost familiar in body shape yet the colors did not match anything in recent memory, and it wasn't projecting hostility, more fear and doubt. Gyfraith began to slowly approach the pointing figure, it was almost interesting. There was the fear, which was delicious, and the doubt, which was perplexing. And then the fact that it wasn't running away.

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:27 am

The amount of commotion that had been happening at the moment had made it quite easy for Caelestis to track Gyfraith. There was a grim look on his face, as he still couldn't believe that the man... monster... Whatever he was... Would kill an innocent person at random. Well, honestly, he could believe it, he just didn't want to. It was sick. Even most serial killers had a reason--no matter how twisted--to kill a certain group of people. Not whoever they come across.

Caelestis began to wonder where Forge's officials were. Surely they had to have some sort of police force or a sort of internal defense... If so, they've had to notice the commotion by now. Things were getting insane; there was one dead, and plenty more might be soon. So somebody, somewhere, must know what was going on. Hopefully they would send someone quick, too. Although... He wasn't too sure how a police officer would stand up against a madman.

Continuing in the opposite direction of the running people, he finally managed to find Gyfraith... As well as--what appeared to be--Chloë. He wasn't too sure, as she had been wearing something different, but from what he could see, that is what he assumed. He flew high in the air, keeping himself out of view from both. It seemed as if Chloë had been the one telling people to run before... But why wouldn't she do so herself? Had fear overtaken her?

Caelestis observed for now, as far as he knew, she could've had a plan of her own. But if it appeared as if she needed help, he would fly down and assist her.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:10 pm

She felt as if things were starting to move in slow motion, as she could feel her heartbeat worsen to the point where she was certain the rest of her body was shaking, and she couldn't force it to stop. Lance was moving towards her now, and Chloë wasn't entirely certain at this point if he was going to mutilate and kill her in some horrible fashion, or just move closer; he wasn't making any fast or especially violent moves, yet the fact that he was covered in blood made her confident this wasn't a joking matter. She couldn't tell why he had cocked his head as if she'd intrigued him somehow. It could possibly be the fact that she wasn't running, and while Chloë didn't really know why she felt as if she'd been rooted to the spot, she didn't understand why this seemed fascinating.

Feeling numb all over, Chloë decided she had to move somewhere, or at least do something. Her options seemed so limited, and backing away didn't seem to be a good idea, since the man in armor had already proven that even at her fastest speed, he'd catch up and cause destruction on the way there. Forcing herself to at least try to calm down and not quiver in fear, she continued pointing, keeping her arm locked out, and she moved a few slow steps towards the man in armor before coming to a second halt. Uncertain what kind of impact the movement would have on the man, she froze again, moving the hat away from her person since it kept falling over and covering her eyes - a terrifying prospect, for every time she moved it back, her vision would reveal that the knight had come even closer. She spoke up again, this time directly to the knight, her voice cracking as she did so, but Chloë did her very best to appear commanding.

"Why did you do that? H-how could you? If you were the Fraide, you should have protected these people! T-torturing and killing others? It's senseless! W-what did we do to you? I apologize if I bothered you, but you need to at least be m-mindful of our personal space and the fact that we prefer to be living and not in little p-pieces, thank you very much!"

Spitting out what little she could in regards to the man, she continued pointing, as if the puny little finger aimed at the man's head would protect her. Running still seemed like a bad idea in her mind, as she couldn't tell whether or not he'd start attacking others if she left - he may have wanted to carve her up into little pieces before the others, or it was possible that the others were some how getting in the way. Closing her eyes, the hybrid decided she'd run from everything enough, and she'd probably escaped death too many times to allow yet another exception for her case to pass. She refused to let the man attack others without at least forcing him to face her, first. When she opened them again, she quickly lost her resolute appearance, as she realized that the knight's steady approach allowed him to get far too close to comfort. Emitting a little squeak, she quickly spoke up again, somewhat more flustered than before.

"S-stop! T-t-too close!"

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:05 am

The meat was speaking to him, and had even approached a couple of steps before becoming more alarmed and squeaking in a lower tone than the rest that had largely finished fleeing by this point. Its final squeak came when he was within a few quick strides of her, and he stopped, not because of her words, but because he was close enough. For a moment, his head cocked even further to the side before it returned to fully upright and he began to move again, yet, instead of a straight line towards her, he began to circle to her right, eyes tracking her movements as the rest of him slowly and steadily moved to get behind her, continuing to try even if she shifted to keep pace. His posture, while still speaking of predator, had allowed another hint of human intent to leak through the impersonal metal, the intent to test the prey, to play with the food.

Gyfraith reached out a twisted black claw, one finger extended, the rest curled into the palm, toward the girl. His arm was relaxed as far as something metal could be, tracing her outline in the air rather than attempting to touch her as he circled. He wished as far as he was capable of wishing, to walk until he got behind her. If that wasn't possible, he'd continue to circle. He did not move closer.

There were relationships in everything. The relationship between predator and prey is a close one, no matter what an outsider sees. The chase is to determine the worth of the predator to gain the wealth held by the prey, with the end result of the chase either being a swift resolution or a slower, more gradual exchange. The swift ones are a mercy, the chase the fulfillment in itself, the end a mere formality, an exchanging of thanks and the continuation of the stronger's life. The slower are more focused on the exchange at the end than on the journey. The proving can have been quick or slow, it was irrelevant as anything more than a formality, as any being can accomplish a chase with another. The resolution at the end is what matters. The composure of the victim, whether or not they embrace their role as those powerful beings who exist to carry on the lives of the other. The composure of the predator, whether they treat the victim with the respect they deserve. In the latter case, the prey becomes far more empowered in the end, though their efforts to preserve their lives are worth far less.

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Still observing from the sky, Caelestis' heart began to race when the armored madman had made a steady approached towards Chloë. She had seemed frozen with fear. He didn't like where this was heading. She'd began to yell at Lance, but Caelestis could barely make out what she was saying from this high up.

Come on... Run. Run! He screamed inside of his mind. He wanted to yell it for real, but he still didn't know if she had a plan or not. 

Nothing. She didn't move. She just remained there, pointing at Lance, letting him get closer and closer with every step. It was obvious he was playing with her, like how certain animals play with their prey - cats, for example. It was sickening. Lives are not meant to be toyed with. It wasn't right.

Caelestis didn't know what to do right now, but he had to do something to let Chloë know that he was there. To at least give her the knowledge of his presence so she could call for him if needed. 

It was a long-shot, but he had an idea. Flying almost directly above her, he began to flap his wings, which caused a few white feathers to gently fall down to the ground. He hoped that she would notice them, but also hoped that Gyfraith would ignore them - he seemed quite focused on Chloë anyway. If he had noticed them, however... He'll think of something if that happens.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:14 am

He didn't speak, but he didn't walk any closer to her, which allowed Chloë to breathe a small sigh of relief. Instead, he pointed a finger at her, which made her shiver as if she was chilled to the bone. She couldn't tell what the motions he made meant, or if he even understood what she was saying anymore. Indeed, it was as if he was some kind of savage animal in armor, and she couldn't fathom why it was that someone supposedly so well mannered could suddenly become such a terrifying monster. He began to circle around her, and while he didn't move directly closer, Chloë couldn't tell what he'd do to her if she let him get behind her. She turned very slowly and kept her eyes focused on his helmet so as to maintain eye contact of some form, wondering why it was that he'd decided to take this course of action.

"Do you even understand what I'm saying anymore?"

She spoke calmly, trying to conceal how startled she really was from the man who'd apparently taken on a role of her predator. Why it was that she had to be afraid for her own life again within the boundaries of Forge, young Chloë could not tell; all she knew at this point was that her parents were quite correct about warning her to avoid the country, as she'd so far only encountered malfunctioning machines, bar fights, hustlers and beggars, and now a madman that appeared to have the power to rip her arms from her body with his own hands. Indeed, the young half elf had no clue she'd get to be so lucky during her pursuit of information in hopes of finding various missing persons.

Something brushed her face and the side of her clothed arm, which caused her to look down for a moment and break her focus on the armored man, despite how deadly taking her eyes off of him could have been. She spotted a few feathers and looked up with curiosity, only to have her question answered when she saw the angel hovering above her. She could barely see his face, and speaking would likely make things worse, so she turned her attention back to the madman in armor, only to realize that her slight pause had allowed him to walk behind her. Horrified, she slowly turned her head to try and look behind herself, catching the sight of the armored feet as she did. Chloë didn't continue to move, however, and stood in place, somewhat curious as to why he wanted to stand behind her.

"It's useless, isn't it? You aren't going to stop. What are you going to do? Kill me? It won't make that much of a difference, I believe."

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:32 am

Her body turned to keep up with his for a few moments before her gaze abruptly broke with his and something distracted her from continuing to turn. Unconsciously taking advantage of her distraction, he sped his movement ever so slightly, so that when she turned her gaze back on where he had been, he was no longer there. Her head moved part of the way around to see him while the rest of her remained frozen facing forward. She didn't spin and attack him, or try to run. Curious.

Not responding in any way to her words, either because he hadn't heard them or hadn't understood them, he continued to trace her outline with his hand. To anyone gazing at him from another angle it would seem as though he was comparing her visually to an image in his head, and from very small cues in how he inched closer bit by bit, the conclusion would probably be that the comparison was going well.

His approach wasn't anything appreciable from a distance, it would take being the one approached or being within five feet or so to see how his hand kept getting closer, inch by inch, as it passed around her outline. The hand seemed to spend most of its time tracing her torso, while the rest of him was almost canted toward it, ignoring the outside world including the occasional feather floating down onto him from on high.

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:08 pm

He didn't speak, and at this point, Chloë decided that just like running, speaking up in regards to the knight behind her was pointless, as whether or not he could understand her, he was not going to reply. She held her breath for a while, trying not to squeak or viciously shudder when she heard him move behind her. Wrapping her arms tightly around her body, she braced for what might end up being a very painful situation, as she couldn't tell if he'd attempt to maim or kill her now that she was within reach. In the end, she knew escape would be unlikely, unless someone created a large enough distraction to pull the armored man's attention away, which would then most likely result in many unpleasant deaths for others, and the hybrid didn't want anyone else being forced to die in her stead.

Still frozen, her mind began to race wild with random thoughts, and the girl found it harder and harder to remain focused on the fact that she could very easily have reached her journey's end today. She tried not to imagine what it would feel like to have those hands tear into her flesh and snap her rib cage, or what would happen if he'd decided to impale her with a sharp weapon; it was all too vivid and gruesome for her. Forcing herself not to focus on that, Chloë found herself thinking again about her first day in Forge, and how awkward her encounter had been with other locals when she'd strolled into Vauxhall City. A part of her wished greatly that this latest encounter could have gone half as well as that one, as while she had debt over her head, she'd at least made friends, and wasn't considered potential prey by the other denizens.

Noting that the man, or angel, she'd met earlier was still in the sky, she too wished that she could call out to him and let him know that she'd be alright, and that it was best if he left. Indeed, only the latter part was really accurate, as the girl was far from certain that she'd be fine, but the more people that evacuated would mean that it was less likely that more would lose their lives or be harmed. The fact that Caelestis hadn't interfered reassured her for now that he'd likely be alright, as while she no longer knew exactly what kind of limits the knight behind her faced, as he'd moved at speeds she'd originally deemed nearly impossible for someone of such a heavy weight and restricted movement, she felt confident the madman wasn't about to sprout wings and fly after the angel with the intent to butcher.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:05 am

His inspection now completed to his satisfaction, Gyfraith began the slow approach that would signal the end to his prey's lifespan, if there was no further resistance, as there shouldn't be. The hand that had originally been doing the tracing flattened out, palm towards her lower back, as his other hand moved to mirror it on the other side. When both had moved into position, he began to very slowly creep closer, moving his hands closer and closer to where the bottom ridge of her lowest rib should be at the back, fingers curving ever so slightly to be at the proper angle to pierce and then scoop as he intended to dive beneath her ribcage in the most efficient route to her heart.

He still made no sound, and made no sign of having noticed the angel who was even now floating above them. His torso at its closest point before impact would be less than a foot from her back when his hands would do their level best to tunnel through her body to the anticipated prize. It remained to be seen if there was any way to escape letting the predator get this close, or any way to escape his deadly embrace at all.

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:06 am

Caelestis continued to silently observe the interactions between Chloë and Gyfraith. There was no expression on his face, but, on the inside, he worried. Luckily, Chloë had seemed to notice him when he had tried to get her attention before. However... That single moment in which she was distracted by him had allowed Gyfraith to make his way behind her. Caelestis expected her to turn around and face the madman, but she did not. It was becoming increasingly obvious to him that she planned on doing nothing that involved facing her aggressor.

Scowling, he weighed his options on the situation. He could help distract Gyfraith and let Chloë flee. Although... He wasn't too sure on how long he would be able to distract him. He could try to get Chloë to run to the nearest police station, or something similar. Anything that would help with the situation that had seemed to be getting worse by the second.

The madman seemed to move closer and closer to Chloë, but she still did not move away. Caelestis wanted to yell at her to run, but that would give himself away. "Screw it." Caelestis said sharply. He knew what he had to do. He didn't like it, but he had to. Caelestis began to fly down towards the ground - nosediving straight for Chloë. His aim was to scoop her off of the ground and carry her into the air, where -he hoped- the armored man couldn't follow. However, as he was descending, he saw Gyfraith reach his hands out towards Chloë; his claw-like fingers threatening to tear through her. Even though he flapped as fast as he could, he wasn't sure he would be able to make it to her in time.

"M-Move!" Caelestis yelled to her, hoping his voice would be carried down to her from so high up

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:50 am

He was moving closer, and the beating in Chloë's heart was starting to increase to the rate of a startled rodent. The feeling of dread had sunken in her limbs, and at this point, the hybrid realized that there was absolutely nothing she could do to properly communicate with the man standing behind her; if she remained in place, she'd soon meet a permanent end to her journey. She wanted to move, to turn around and speak, possibly even attempt to better convey what she was thinking and try to spot a sign that the kind man she'd initially met was still present, and that he could be rescued in a sense. If she wanted to live, that likely wasn't going to happen at this time, if ever.

Feeling a tingling sensation at her back just below her rib cage, the girl could feel her body react from anxiety as if she knew just where the man behind her was going to stab her. She closed her eyes, and thought back to the people she'd seen die - she couldn't help but wonder what they thought, and what it felt like to be torn apart, or blown up. It wasn't a thought she was happy about, nor did she like the sensation of impending doom; the girl was simply curious, and the situation provoked more unusual responses to her surroundings than normal.

Something shook her away from her momentary collapse into madness and memories, and she looked up to see the angel flying above her again. In a way, she was surprised she wasn't dead, and that the man hadn't already wrenched her body into pieces already. The knight was moving so slowly, and she couldn't understand why it was that the approach was almost ritualistic in fashion, other than the fact that she'd given him no other reason to pick up his pace. Blinking, somewhat dumbfounded, Chloë tried to reason with herself, wondering why it was so hard to move despite the fact that she knew quite well that being stabbed was not fun. Forcing herself to turn about and look at her opponent, she managed to stumble around meekly, her legs giving off the impression that they were made of lead.

"STOP."

Raising a hand quickly in a defensive manner to prepare to throw him back a second time, she appeared as if she was gesturing the stop sign as well, accidentally brushing the metal of his torso with her fingers as she did, as the man stood uncomfortably close to her. He would likely not listen despite the vocal and physical warning, and she was well aware of this, as she continued to push her hand against his body to gently force him away. The hybrid simply felt as if there were few other options, for running most likely meant condemning others, and standing there held his attention, but it wouldn't last. At the very least, she found it best to give him one last warning before being forced to attempt to start a second round of what previously happened, for she already felt like wincing at the fines that would be placed on her head for causing so much damage before. Finally, she could feel her mind returning, and a plan developed in her head which could hopefully encourage the man to leave the country for a temporary amount of time - though Caelestis would likely be forced to do a considerable amount of carrying.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:14 am

The kill approaching more and more quickly, Gyfraith's mind felt an approximation of joy and anticipation as his hands very slowly approached her sides and the hot, hot liquid hiding just beneath the surface. His appearance was unmarred by any reaction to the diving winged being above, for all appearances he hadn't even noticed it's existence. There was almost a level of worship in the way he treated her body, if he had been capable of making those sorts of associations in his limited state of mind in the first place.

His movement was arrested very suddenly as she spun drunkenly in place, as if unsteady on her feet due to circumstances. Quickly flashing through what remained of his mind came options. It could be a ruse to help her escape, or the continuation of wounds sustained in the window crash, or sheer emotional overload. A consideration of those options occupied his mind for the brief seconds it took her to reach out and place a hand on his armored chest, shouting something aggressively in the process. Her fingers rested in the sticky, thick red liquid oozing down his chest plate.

Immediately after her hand landed on his chest, his own hand was in motion, arcing upward from its place near his hip where it had been angled to dive beneath her ribs to instead arc through the place where her forearm met her upper arm, at the elbow joint. It would knock her arm away, putting more of that delicious blood scent into the air, and also remove a limb that could later harm him more than would be healthy.

Immediate concerns were filling his head rather than future plans, his admiration for the formation of her ribs had departed his mind entirely so that he could devote his whole attention to immediate threat assessment and threat removal. It would be beautiful, the arc of red through the air.

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:24 am

Everything seemed to be moving in slow motion. He didn't know what it was - or even what to call it. Even though he had been flying nosediving at his top speed, it seemed like he couldn't get to Chloë fast enough. In his haste to reach her, he folded his wings and allowed gravity to get a rather aggressive hold on him. Caelestis was falling - not flying - and he was too focused on getting Chloë away from Gyfraith to care.

With his right arm outstretched and hand ready to grab her, he continued to fall. Finally, his hand managed to grab a hold of one of her arms. Caelestis felt relieved for a second, but he was hit by the sudden realization that he was still falling. A few seconds before he collided with the ground, he extended his wings and went to carry himself and Chloë into the air. However, things didn't go quite as smoothly as he had planned.

As he grabbed Chloë, he felt a slight bit of resistance from the other end, but then nothing. He didn't look back - he refused to look back, but when his wings extended, one of them had collided with Gyfraith's sturdy frame. This - along with Chloë's added weight - caused Caelestis to lost control of his flight and crash land.

He kept his grip on the girl tight as they crashed through the second story window of a building, that wasn't too far from where Gyfraith was. Making sure he took the brunt of the impact with his left side - the glass window exploded inward from the impact. His grip on Chloë slipped at that point and he rolled across the floor.

The building was empty, for the most part. And appeared to be an office building or something similar. There was a sharp pain in Caelestis' left arm when he tried to pick himself up from the floor. Embedded in his arm was a large shard of glass; blood poured from the wound. He didn't think much about it, but, with a grimace, he pulled out the shard and threw it on the floor.

His head spun and the left side of his body ached in pain from the collision, but for the most part, he was okay. However, when he looked at his clothes and felt his face, there was more blood covering him than the wound on his arm would produce. Chloë. Caelestis began to frantically look around for the girl. He didn't know what wounds she could have suffered from the collision, but the blood on his clothes and face made his imagination go into overdrive.

Squish. He'd stepped into something wet - A pool of blood. Caelestis' white eyes widened at the scene before him. He'd found Chloë, but not all of her. Caelestis' mouth went dry and he could feel his stomach drop. He wanted to look away, but something inside of him wouldn't allow him to. He couldn't speak. He didn't know what to do, exactly.

Part of Chloë's arm was missing from below her elbow.

"Y-Your arm.." He stammered, not really knowing what else to say.

Frantically, he began to look around for the severed limb. But his mind flashed back to a few seconds ago, when he had felt the resistance when he grabbed her.

"Gyfraith." Caelestis growled with contempt.

"W-we have... We have to stop the bleeding." Caelestis said while looking around for a first aid kit or something useful.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yenomrah on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:23 am

Panic wouldn't have even begun to properly explain the look on Chloë's face when the sickening sight of blood spraying into the air suddenly consumed her vision. Jaw agape, she mimicked the expression of screaming, though no noises would come out of her mouth due to her body quickly entering a state of shock. The sudden extreme sensation of pain quickly clouded her mind, and her weakened state would only mean she'd become easy prey for her predator. In most other situations, the hybrid would have managed to escape, or evade the man and at least refuse making approach easy; the conflict in her mind over whether or not the man within the armor was trapped unwillingly in such a condition had ruined what little advantage she usually maintained during dangerous situations. At the very least, the man before her seemed more interested in finalizing her death rather than forcing her to undergo a prolongued torture.

Finally emitting whimpers and cries, the girl's other arm moved to her wound, clenching it harshly as her screams of pain began to reach increasingly loud pitches. Her mind momentarily drifted to her original plan of how she intended to deal with the knight, and that if he'd shown a direct sign of being offensive, she'd retaliate and push him back. Instead, the man in armor had proven that she'd underestimated him once more, as he moved far faster than she could have imagined, taking off her arm in a single skilled, clean motion, and leaving her no time whatsoever to react and properly defend herself.

Because there was now no will left in the hybrid to fight, Chloë assumed she was going to die, noting how pathetically long it'd taken any kind of law enforcement to arrive. Closing her eyes, she hoped that her death would encourage a better performance on behalf of others in the future, and wished that she'd been more careful with her choices in life. She was given no more time to contemplate death or how horribly her limb hurt, as someone suddenly collided with her and lifted her body quickly off the ground.

While in the air, Chloë managed to meekly recollect that the man now carrying her was Caelestis. Having lost too much blood to think critically, she nudged the stubby remains of her limb between her own body and the angel's as if it would lessen the pain, and her left arm clenched onto Caelestis's back as she tried to stay close to him; the rest of her body dangled lifelessly and limp as if it was devoid of life. Thankfully, as the two crashed through yet another glass window, the angel managed to take the brunt of the damage so that Chloë's own injuries didn't become any more life threatening than they already were.

Having been dropped, Chloë now lay on the ground motionlessly, her hair and hood covering up her face. The sounds of her crying and screaming had stopped, and it appeared that she'd passed out from shock, as the large pool of blood on the ground had become substantial enough to stain a large portion of her coat and mix with her hair. She did not respond to Caelestis's statements, as even if she was conscious, the hybrid no longer could comprehend what was happening around her, nor did she have the strength to communicate past the occasional sob.

Yenomrah
The Workaholic
The Workaholic

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:18 am

Standing in place after the violent removal of his prey from his presence, seeming to lift straight into the air, Gyfraith rocked gently from the impact he'd sustained when she left, whatever it had been from. Gyfraith made no motion to follow, and indeed no motion to show that he had any conception of where they had gone. Gyfraith simply stood motionless in the middle of the deserted street, red splashed liberally over his person and in a messy arc around him. Beneath his helmet, an enraptured expression stole across his face, filling his features with an uplifted joy that no one else could see.

He stood stock still in the middle of the street, his urge to kill fulfilled for the moment from the delicious blood scent and terror filling the air; the lack of aggression in the people around him giving him some measure of peace, he thus returned to the contemplative state he had begun in, yet this time with helm fully engaged, standing in the center of a street, covered head to toe in blood. He made no movement.

Spoiler:
Character
Weapons
Skills
Miscellaneous
Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelestis on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:04 am

Caelestis was frantically looking around for medical supplies in the empty office building. His heart was beating quickly and he was breathing heavily, but the only sounds he could hear, were Chloe's pained sobs. The blood that stained his clothes seemed to weigh him down greatly... Time seemed to be moving at a mere crawl, but he continued to search. He knew he had to find something to stop the bleeding, or else Chloe could go into shock and die.

Finally, he came upon a medical kit behind a locked cabinet. Not wanting to waste any time, Caelestis grabbed the door to the cabinet and ripped the door right off of the hinges and threw it aside. He grabbed the medkit and opened it, sighing with relief. There were plenty of medical supplies inside, including a pain killer. Caelestis rushed quickly back to the injured woman on the floor, almost slipping on the blood pool.

Getting to his knees, he pulled out a large bandage and unwrapped it. Before placing it on what was left of her arm, he sprayed it with antiseptic to reduce the possibility of infection.

"This may sting a bit." He warned.

Caelestis placed the bandage to her wound and held it there. With his free hand, he grabbed a bandage wrap from the medical kit and wrapped it around her arm tightly to minimize the blood flow and keep the bandage in place. Without missing a beat, he took one of the syringes of pain killers, sterilized her other arm, and injected the fluid into her arm.

"That was for the pain, just let it do it's job.. Just try to calm down.. And don't go into shock..." Caelestis whispered worriedly.

It was sort of a dumb thing to say - he knew she couldn't really control her body going into shock, but.. It was the only thing he could think of at the moment.

While he was thinking about it, Caelestis sprayed his own wounds with the antiseptic.. Although he wasn't quite sure if his wounds could get infected by germs... being an Angel and all - doesn't hurt to be cautious.

And then his mind jumped back to the other problem. Gyfraith. Caelestis looked down at Chloe, "I'll be right back." He whispered to her.

Rising from the floor, he made his way to the broken window, glass crunching underneath his boots. He peered outside and off into the distance from where they had come from. He saw Gyfraith, which was good, because it meant he wasn't going after them. But what exactly was he doing? Caelestis didn't know, nor did he want to find out. He needed to get Chloe to a hospital, but he didn't want that madman to follow.

Spoiler:

Caelestis

Character Profile
Statistics:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content