Tirdelck Jerome [Abilities:2]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tirdelck Jerome [Abilities:2]

Post by Tirdelck on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:16 am

Name: Heat-feed Arc

Description: Utilizing energy channeled from his body through his AFCs into the gas particles around him, Tirdelck dramatically slows down their vibration, momentarily compressing them into liquid before atmospheric temperature returns them to their normal state. The drop in temperature is supplemented by the entrance of all lost energy into Tirdelck's body, which he then converts into a 8m long arc of pure, simmering heat. The residual energy from this action significantly empowers and elevates Tirdelck's senses.

Use of this ability comes with the risk of such energy going of course,  which can only be alleviated by an improvement in magical prowess. The heat is non-lethal, but can cause unconsciousness if the opponent's stamina is three points lower than Tirdelck's intelligence. Should the opponent's stamina overcome this barrier, the ability will only result in weakness and light injury. Any atmospheric manipulation abilities, encompassing both the Heat-Feed Arc or the Nitrogen Blast, can only be used once per three posts to allow temperature/pressure of particles in the immediate vicinity to normalize. Should such abilities be used twice within this period, a cooldown of 8 posts would then be required.

Weakness: Spread of the energy over such a wide area causes the potential damage caused by the ability to be reduced by a large proportion, and the drop in temperature affects Tirdelck himself as well.

Range: 8m long arc can travel 5m before heat completely dissipates.

Shop link / Thread Link: Freebie slot 1/2

Name: Cryogenic Blast

Description: Tirdelck utilizes his AFCs to exert energy upon a blanket of the plentiful nitrogen particles in the surrounding air, super-compressing them into liquid form with the occasional solid crystal, forming a freezing cold substance at temperatures close to absolute zero, throwing them at whatever target he chose. The cryogenic blast requires a dramatic output of energy from Tirdelck's body, and although the need for this is slightly decreased by the AFCs' magnification abilities, Tirdelck will still be exhausted, costing him the ability to take any offensive actions for the duration of the entire post.

The Cryogenic blast differs in effect in terms of the stamina of the opponent-
If stamina of opponent is 5 or more degrees lower than Tirdelck's intelligence+energy source average, his/her body will freeze over for a moderate period of time, causing serious weakness for two posts;
If stamina of opponent is 3 or more degrees lower than Tirdelck's intelligence+energy source average, his/her body will be temporarily frozen, where serious weakness will be experienced for one post;
If stamina of opponent is 1 or more degrees lower than Tirdelck's intelligence+energy source average, him/her will experience discomfort due to the cold, and moderate weakness will be experienced for one post.

Should the opponent's stamina be higher than any of the above stated levels, Cryogenic Blast will have no effect besides visual stunning (frozen nitrogen flying through the air would be quite a sight)

Any atmospheric manipulation abilities, encompassing both the Heat-Feed Arc or the Nitrogen Blast, can only be used once per three posts to allow temperature/pressure of particles in the immediate vicinity to normalize. Should such abilities be used twice within this period, a cooldown of 8 posts would then be required.

Weakness: Acute exhaustion as well as the effects of low pressure. The blast of nitrogen will not work on non-organic entities with a strong molecular structure whereas cold only causes contraction in weaker metals. Tirdelck's energy source is also relatively weak, which reduces cryogenic blast's effectiveness as long as the situation remains so.

Range: The blast can travel for 10m before the nitrogen melt's vaporizes.
Shop link / Thread Link: Freebie slot 2/2

Last edited by Tirdelck on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Signed,

Tirdelck

Mediocrity recognizes no form higher than itself - Sir.A.C.Doyle

Tirdelck

Money/Ryo : 473300

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tirdelck Jerome [Abilities:2]

Post by Spectre-K10 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 pm

Seeing as both of these abilities basically modify the immediate atmosphere, I assume that only one of these can be used every three posts? If so, please state it in the weakness.

(╯°□°)╯︵ Guest  
Spectre-K10
Leader of Alteria
Leader of Alteria

Money/Ryo : 9742608

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirdelck on Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:45 am

The first affects temperature and the other pressure, their cooldowns do not affect each other. Would that be alright, or does that require an increase in cooldown?

Signed,

Tirdelck

Tirdelck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre-K10 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:48 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they both correlate? Higher pressure, higher temperature.

Also, I think that the second ability needs a little nerfing since it could be considered as an instant KO.

(╯°□°)╯︵ Guest  
Spectre-K10
Leader of Alteria
Leader of Alteria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirdelck on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Yeah pressure and temperature are correlated, what was I thinking -.- Besides stretching the cooldown to include both abilities, I've added the extra bit that enables Tirdelck to use both abilities within three posts, but which will come with an additional eight post cooldown.

That was because I the three post cooldown would limit Tirdelck to only use one ability at a time, which would rather handicap him in combat. Will that be alright?

For the instant K.O. problem, I've altered it to serious weakness for two posts, thanks!

P.S. Spectre, do you have authority to dispatch mission rewards? I've a few completed and approved by a mod but not yet cleared.

Signed,

Tirdelck

Tirdelck

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spectre-K10 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:26 am

Man I've missed slapping that stamp!

On the missions, I'm not sure on the process, but I'll see if I can't get someone on that. And if no one takes it, I'll take care of it.

(╯°□°)╯︵ Guest  
Spectre-K10
Leader of Alteria
Leader of Alteria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top